Sunday, January 15, 2023

Weekend with Sam and Jac in York

As usual (pandemics notwithstanding) Sam and Jac and I met up before Christmas to hang out and stuff. We decided on the 10th and 11th of December. We had all been busy on the Friday evening, so we met in Harrogate early on Saturday morning. We drove to Harlow Carr, where we went to Betty's cafe at just past 11am. I was thinking there might be a queue, hence getting there so early, but fortunately there wasn't! It did get busy later though. 

I had potato rosti with mushrooms and a hot chocolate, then a tiny vanilla fondant fancy for dessert. I think I had a decaf coffee too. It was lush! I bought my mum and stepdad some Betty's vouchers for Christmas while I was there, which I hope they will get to use in 2023. We went into the gift shop at Harlow Carr where I bought a book and some gifts for my teenage nieces, but we didn't go into the gardens. Instead we set off back to Jac's house in York, calling at Morrison's on the way, and then relaxed for the rest of the day. We played daft games, we watched Christmas TV and other stuff, and we just had a really good time together. We had some champagne which was lovely!

On the Sunday, we set off early into the centre of York as I wanted to be sure we could get a parking space. I was glad I was in my tiny Kia because Clifford's Tower car park is not big and it meant I could park it easily. That did mean we were a little bit early for lunch, but no matter.

We went to Source, which is an all vegan restaurant that hasn't been there very long. I had a burger, it was really lovely and came with coleslaw and chips. I then had a chocolate pot for pudding which was also nice. 

After lunch we went in a couple of shops before saying goodbye. Sam went off to the train station and I took Jac home before setting off home myself. I was wearing this red Scarlett & Jo dress which I've had ages but have only worn a couple of times before - it's lovely though so I'll definitely wear it more. I also wore my celestial Snag Tights and my new patent boots - a really nice winter outfit! It was lovely to hang out and to try a new vegan place. 


Hot chocolate in Betty's


Rosti with mushrooms


The cutest fondant fancy ever


Champagne in the evening


Vegan burger and slaw in Source


And a delicious chocolate pot


Tights and boots when I got home


And finally this gorgeous red floral dress, I got it secondhand off eBay I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment