Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Lunch with Pippa

On the 16th of December I went to Sheffield to see my friend Pippa for lunch. She had chosen for us to go to Northtown Kitchen on Abbeydale Road, as she had heard of it through her work and thought it would be nice. It was slightly fancier than places we usually go to, but we decided that since it was Christmas it would be lovely! I actually picked Pippa up because it had snowed in Sheffield and then frozen, and it hadn't melted on Pippa's street and was pretty treacherous. It was obvious where the sun hadn't melted the ice! It was terrible.

Northtown Kitchen is tiny inside, with only a few tables, but we had booked so it was fine. The menu isn't huge, but there were a few vegetarian options which was good for me, and Pippa often chooses veggie options even though she does eat meat. I went for bread with rosemary oil and a sundried tomato pesto to begin with - it was so delicious! 

We both went for pasta alla Norma for mains, it was so simple but so well done and so delicious. I love it when Italian food is done really well and Northtown Kitchen is really authentic and lovely. I could eat that pasta again right now! Pippa enjoyed hers too. 

For dessert I had cannoli which had pistachio ice cream inside, it was nice enough but I would probably choose something else next time. But no mind!

I took Pippa home then went home and relaxed for a bit, where Jasmine decided to come and sit on me. She's not often a lap cat, so whenever she sits on me, I feel really blessed! She's so cute (and of course so is Poppy). 


Fresh bread with rosemary oil and sundried tomato pesto


Pasta alla Norma (who was Norma? Why does aubergine pasta belong to her??)


Cannoli


And my gorgeous Jasmine! That duvet cover is older than I am, my mum gave me it last year for the duvet I keep on the sofa

No comments:

Post a Comment