Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Trip to Somerset - Day 1

As I said, we went to Somerset for Christmas. My stepdad's mum lives down there (as do two of his sisters) and he wanted to spend Christmas with her, and my mum wanted us to go too. So we found a cottage way back in April, booked from 23rd December til the 28th. Lee and I had originally planned to travel down on Christmas Eve but then he was given the 23rd off work for free, so we decided to go then so that we would have Christmas Eve to relax, which turned out to be the right decision and really lovely! 

We set off about 10.30 and stopped for some lunch on the way down, but it was still nearly 5 o'clock by the time we got to Minehead. Somerset is a really long way away! My mum and Norman had arrived a bit before us and had taken his brother to their mum's, so we all arrived at the cottage at the same time. It was one of the Coastguard Cottages right on the front on Quay Street, which my mum has liked for a long time so she was happy to stay there. Downstairs there was a dining kitchen, a living room, and the bathroom. Upstairs were three double bedrooms and a tiny toilet in a cupboard. It was quite spacious and well equipped, with a beautiful long garden at the front overlooking the bay. 

We unpacked and set up the Christmas tree we had taken and all the presents. There was a lot! Then we went to Norman's mum's house, where we ordered an Indian takeaway. It was nice! One of Norman's sisters and her husband arrived, I've not met them before so that was nice. We were early to bed though as we were tired from the travel. 

I was wearing another new pair of Snag Tights, this time black with bats on, I love them! I wore them with my black Simply Be dress with blue hearts on. I like clashing patterns! 


I took this photo of the tights just as I was getting ready on the Friday morning


The living room in the cottage just as we arrived - it was warm and cosy


We took this little tree and my mum brought some little baubles, we wanted to feel Christmassy!


And look at all the presents spread underneath the tree! It's a good job we didn't want to use the woodburner


The table at Jean's house all ready for tea


Simply Be dress


And a better view of my tights!

No comments:

Post a Comment