Monday, January 23, 2023

The Week Before Christmas

I was quite busy the week before Christmas, as I usually am, trying to get everything ready and see people. On the Monday my craft club had a fuddle - where everyone takes some food to share - which was really nice. We did some quizzes and a Secret Santa too. I was at home for the rest of the day. On Tuesday I went to work as normal and then in the evening went out with my friends Gemma and Stacey for tea. Gemma is living and working in Ecuador at the moment but she was home for Christmas so we arranged to meet up. We all went to school together many moons ago! Gemma asked if we could have Indian food because it's not available in Ecuador. Of course we said fine, so we went to a place in Wakefield that I've only been to once before. It's quite a big restaurant and it was absolutely packed! 

We shared poppadoms and then I had balti saag aloo paneer which was lovely, I love paneer. I had ice cream for pudding too. Gemma brought both Stacey and I scarves from Ecuador which are made out of alpaca wool, I've been wearing mine a lot as it's very warm. It was nice to see them both. 

On Wednesday morning I went to get my nails done. I like to have gel polish for special occasions. I go to Quirky Sparkle in Barugh Green. Anj is really lovely and the salon is just in her garden so it's lovely and private. I decided to go for candy cane stripes on my ring fingers and white sparkle on the other ones. I spent the rest of the day at home. 

On Thursday morning Lee and I had to go to the post office to pick up a parcel which they had tried to deliver on Wednesday at 7am, neither of us heard the door! It turned out to be this huge Hotel Chocolat box from our friends Leanne and Adi which was lovely. We haven't broken it open yet! Lee went into the supermarket to get supplies for the next day as we were travelling to Somerset which is where we spent Christmas. 

I then drove to Huddersfield to meet my friends Gillian and Michelle. Amy was supposed to come too but then she was ill, so couldn't. But we had booked a table at Bambukat, which is Indian street food (I told you I ate a lot of Indian food that week!). I was a bit early so read my book for a bit before the others arrived. Gillian and I shared some poppadoms and then I had a paneer curry thali. I love thali because you get lots of bits of things, I really like that. Michelle had a thali too and Gillian had a chicken biryiani. The restaurant was nice and I'd love to go back and take Lee. It was cold inside though! I took a photo of the three of us which is lovely.

In the evening I decorated my Christmas cake. I didn't make it - the chef of the cafe where I work did. He was doing them for £6 and the size is perfect for me as Lee doesn't like Christmas cake. I just did these little gingerbread men, aren't they cute? My mum and stepdad dropped in briefly because they needed us to take some stuff to Somerset as they had one of my stepdad's brothers and his stuff travelling with them. Otherwise it was a quiet evening as we needed to pack! It was a busy week!


Saag paneer curry, I do love spinach in a curry


Ice cream


Fresh nails!


And the other hand too. I love the candy canes!


The huge present that arrived!


Decor inside Bambukat


Me and Gillian and Michelle - we met at 6th form college over 20 years ago and I love them both very much 


Thali - the paneer curry is top right and the other curries are potato curry and a tarka dhal


And finally my Christmas cake with its cute little gingerbread men

No comments:

Post a Comment