Thursday, January 5, 2023

Weekend at My Aunt and Uncle's

Right at the beginning of December Lee and I went to stay with my aunt and uncle in Surrey for the weekend. We set off on Friday morning and got to theirs about 3pm. My aunt made a veggie curry which was lovely, and then a chocolate pudding made from tofu! It was vegan and really delicious. 

On Friday evening Caroline and I went to a craft evening at a local church. It was £3 to get in and then you just paid for which crafts you did. There were about 12 different ones to choose from and we did five. We made angel keyrings, we decorated stones, we made mulled wine, we made reed diffusers, and we made lavender bath milk! They varied in price but all of those cost me £12 which was a bargain, Plus it was so much fun! I really enjoyed myself.

On Saturday morning Caroline and Lee and I went to the school where she works so she could show us around. It's a prestigious school with some beautiful buildings. She's the archivist there and it's got some really interesting archives too. It was really nice to see! We got back and had cheese toasties for lunch, before heading out again around 2.45 to meet my friends Anne-Lise and Mike. 

Anne-Lise was a plus size blogger like me back in the day and I've met her at events. She lives in Guildford so pretty close to my aunt, so I messaged her and asked if she'd like to meet up. She happily agreed, which was lovely. We ended up at Cafe Beirut in Ripley. They had lovely coffee and although they didn't have any cake, they did have delicious biscuits and baklava type stuff. It was so nice to catch up with Anne-Lise.

In the evening we had pizza and salad for tea which was lovely. On Sunday morning my uncle cooked Sunday lunch for all of us and my cousin Peter and his wife Beth who came up from Southampton to see us, which was lovely. We played a game a bit after lunch then left about 3pm. We made good time home and the cats were very happy to see us! It was a nice weekend and made me feel so festive. 


Veggie and chickpea curry Caroline made


Chocolate tofu pudding


Max is a very friendly cat and immediately claimed Lee as his own


Craft evening in full swing


The lavender bath milk I made, it smells so good!


And the mulled wine sachet I made


When we got back Max decided he would be my friend too 


And on Saturday morning he came in to lie on Lee


Delicious biscuits in Cafe Beirut


Me and Anne-Lise!


This is my uncle's mug. I do not love spreadsheets but I do appreciate them


And this pretty tree is in the back garden


No comments:

Post a Comment