Thursday, March 2, 2023

Birthday Trip Day 2

On Friday the 20th of January my mum and stepdad were in Helmsley with us, so we got up and had some breakfast and then set out into Helmsley at maybe 11am. There's lots of nice little shops so we went into loads of them. One of my favourite places is the deli right on the square, where I spent some of my Christmas money on some delicious treats from the plethora of amazing things they have upstairs. 

We went in to the charity shop which was kind of parallel to the cottage where we were staying, and I managed to find a planter shelf which I had been wanting for ages, so I was pleased with that. We then ended up at Barker's for lunch; I like Cafe Crema but was willing to try somewhere new, especially as the sign outside said it had a large vegan menu. They weren't kidding, there was plenty of vegetarian and vegan choices. I went for chickpeas with mayo and red onion and I also had a lovely hot chocolate too. 

By the time we had finished lunch Sarah and Robyn had arrived in Helmsley. We helped Sarah unload the car and then got Robyn all set up with snacks. She was a little bit shy with everyone but basically fine. My mum and stepdad left for home not long after that. Lee went for a lie down as he was very tired, so Sarah and I had a good chat and walked over to La Trattoria in the square to order some pizzas for tea. Robyn had her tea and then a bath and then Tom arrived about 7pm, just as the pizzas were ready. Lee picked them up and they were so delicious. 

We just relaxed for the rest of the night as Sarah was putting Robyn to bed. 

I was wearing my Sprinkle of Glitter outfit, all from quite a few years ago now. The dress is lovely but maybe a tiny bit short on me, but I've decided to not worry about it. Under that I was wearing the striped pink and white top from the range too, I love this top and often wear it with other stuff. Finally I was wearing the wrap cardigan from the range - it has a full wrap that goes round and makes the cardigan really comfortable and warm to wear. I will have to wear this dress more I think! I was also wearing purple Snag Tights


View of the frosty rooftops out of our bedroom window first thing in the morning


This was our cottage from the front


This is the deli that I love, it has a whole floor upstairs full of lovely things. Opposite this, behind me at this time, is a really good bookshop too - I didn't buy anything this time though!


Gorgeous Belgian chocolate hot chocolate


Chickpea, vegan mayo, and red onion sandwich in Barker's


Sarah brought me a unicorn cake! It was so good


Here's Robyn watching TV at this point I think


Sarah also bought me this ridiculous thing which will live on the bed I think


My outfit with the cardigan on - the cottage was quite cold so I was glad to have the cardigan on too


And here's the outfit without the cardigan, showing the striped top!

No comments:

Post a Comment