Saturday, March 25, 2023

Lunch with Sarah and a Boohoo Dress

On the 9th of February Sarah and I headed across the Pennines to go to Slattery's cakes in Manchester. I've been plenty of times as you've seen before, but Sarah never had so we made plans to go. She picked me up and drove us over on the M62. I never mind driving but it was nice to be drive for a change! We got there about midday and went straight to our booked table. 

We both went for the rarebit; I had garlic mushrooms on mine as usual and Sarah had a poached egg on hers. We shared some potato wedges. Then we both had the wicked chocolate sampler which has four little pieces of cake and two chocolate pots, one with melted chocolate in and one with cream. I can never eat even half of this, and actually only ate both the chocolate pots. I then brought the rest home to eat later! We had also had a hot chocolate each, which are so good - they're melted chocolate round the edge of the glass and then hot milk and you mix the two together. So delicious! 

Sarah really enjoyed the food and the general ambience of the dining room. It does feel upmarket and just a generally nice place to go. I also recognise plenty of the waiting staff from when I've been years and years ago, so obviously they don't have a high turnover of staff, which shows it's a good place to work in my opinion. 

We went down to the shop and bought a few bits each - Lee likes me to take bread home for him whenever I go. I also bought some chocolate discs for Sam and Jacqui who I was seeing a couple of days later. 

I was wearing a new dress from Boohoo. I saw it when I was looking for the My Little Pony t shirt and couldn't resist it. I've never been into leopard print but I think I now own three items of clothing with that on it - so maybe I'm getting into it! I love the dress but it is a little bit out of my comfort zone. It's a little bit tighter than I'm used to, and it's a bit shorter, too. However, I love the pattern and the flash of blue, so I decided to wear it anyway. Fake it til you make it, that's my motto. I also knew that I had some Snag tights in the same blue colour as is on the dress, so I pulled them out. I do have some plain blue ones, but I pulled out this new pair, which have cat faces on the front and cat tails on the back! The cats are just about on my knees! As is common with Snags, because these are printed they do run a bit smaller than some of their other ones, but still fit me fine. I think the outfit was lovely and I'm glad I wore it. I posted the picture on my Facebook later because I think people sometimes see the outfits I wear and think I'm always confident and wear what I like, but that's not always the case. Sometimes I feel vulnerable! I got some lovely comments on the dress anyway!


I didn't get a great picture of the tights but you can see the cuteness of the cats here


Delicious hot chocolate


Gorgeous rarebit and garlic mushrooms


And my gorgeous chocolate sampler - is it any wonder I brought most of it home?! 


And the dress when I got home - it is really lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment