Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Sarah's Birthday Party

At the beginning of February my friend Sarah had a birthday and housewarming party at her house near Workshop. She and Tom and Robyn moved there last October , Lee and I went over in November to see the house. They had a bit of a rubbish Christmas due to flu so Sarah wanted to have a party to make up for that a bit. So Lee and I said we would go. First of all we went into Barnsley because I needed an eye test (thankfully my prescription hasn't changed much and the optician did not recommend new glasses, which is great). We got some bits in M&S and then looked at the market, where we bought cake and also some new pillows for me. They were 2 for £20! This was also one of the items on my 40 Before 40 list, which is forty things I want to do before I turn forty next January. It was a basic item but a needed one I think!

We got to Sarah's just after 12 and found the house in chaos with many small children there. We sat in the dining room and chatted to a ton of people and I got to cuddle a small baby so that was fun. Because of everything going on with my grandma and stuff I had just bought Sarah some wine and chocolates, usually I would get her something more personalised but I don't think she minded because she likes wine and chocolate anyway! We left at about 3.30. There was a buffet which included a bunch of vegetarian sandwiches, then Sarah's mother in law had made some gorgeous individual pavlovas, and then Sarah's mum made a gorgeous gin and tonic cake, so we were well catered for! 

I was wearing this jumper that I got from Marks and Spencer in the sale in December. It's funny because my mum had the same one but all in green and I thought I had ordered that one, but this pink and navy one arrived and I didn't really think about it until I put it on. No matter though because I really love the colours of this one. I put it on with my black Lollidot skirt that used to be a dress, and new tights from Snag. My aunt and uncle bought them for me for Christmas, they are some of the duo ones. These are "Whack", white and black, and I love them, especially with the skirt! They're unusual and cute. 


Delicious homemade pavlova and fruit


The gin and tonic cake Sarah's mum made for her


M&S jumper, tucked into Lollidot skirt. I was wearing my patent boots that I got from Skopos mill last November - I haven't worn them in ages cos since Christmas I've been wearing my second hand Dr Martens! 


A close up of the duo tights, aren't they cute! 


No comments:

Post a Comment