Sunday, May 5, 2024

Easter Sunday 2024

On Easter Sunday Lee and I went to my mum's to spend the day with her and my stepdad. My mum wanted us to have Sunday dinner, but since they were at church it would have taken a while afterwards, so Lee and I went to their house at about 11.45 to start getting things ready. We roasted the potatoes and the parsnips and did a bunch of other stuff, and then by the time my mum and Norman got back everything was nearly ready. We just did the Yorkshire puddings and then it was good to go by aobut 1.30! 

I didn't have a main type of vegetarian thing, I just had vegetables, Yorkshire pudding, stuffing, and bread sauce. I don't really miss a main type of thing and as you can see I had plenty! Everything was lovely. Oh, there was cauliflower cheese too! I made the cheese sauce. 

Lee and I were going to make a cake but we had been out most of Saturday because we had to buy a new car. I think I said that I was driving to Manchester and the car broke down so Lee had to come and rescue me and the car got recovered. It turned out to be really broken - the cam belt had gone meaning it needed a whole new engine. It wasn't worth very much so it didn't make sense to spend a lot on it. So we had to buy another. It took forever but finally we chose one. But we got back too late to make a cake. So we got one from Asda instead and got the stuff to make a chocolate sauce to go with it. 

We didn't eat pudding until about 3.30pm though! Then we video chatted with my family very briefly because we were trying to sort out a family holiday at the end of July. My stepdad wasn't feeling well so he went to lie down and me, my mum and Lee played a couple of games. My mum won one but I won the other. It was fun! My mum and I shared some wine. We got home about 7.30pm I think. Then I was on a roll for booking things because I then booked a weekend away for Sam and Jac and me too. 

I was wearing a new dress that I had got from Crazy Clearance. It is a Joe Browns one and you probably already know that I love their stuff. It was only £15 because it was on clearance which was ideal! I love the pattern on it and the vibrant orange colour. I paired it with green tights from Better Tights. I love the colour on them and they're a decent fit on me but they're not as good as my Snag ones. But still pretty good!


Dinner before I added gravy. I love bread sauce, I'm glad we got some for Easter!


Dark green tights and my Dr Marten boots. You can see they were a bit covered in mud from Cannon Hall still but I took them off at the door at my mother's house so it was fine


And here's this gorgeous dress! It has pockets! I think I'll be wearing it a lot this year

No comments:

Post a Comment