Thursday, May 2, 2024

Good Friday 2024

We didn't have many plans for Easter but we wanted to keep it quite quiet. I had asked some of my old sixth form friends if they were free, and Gillian said she and her husband and kids were. So we arranged to meet at Cannon Hall near me on Good Friday. We agreed to meet at about ten o'clock so it wouldn't be too busy when we got there, but it was already getting busy! We went into the playground first and played with Gillian's girls - I had fun swinging E on the swing, playing boo with her. L and I played shops for a bit too and managed to do the sum of six times three by counting on all our fingers!

The girls were hungry by 11 so we sat in the pagoda bit, chatting, and the girls ate their sandwiches and snacks. Then we went out of the playground and walked along the river and to the little bridge where there's a waterfall too. The girls had duck food so we fed the ducks and geese for a while - there were some really pretty ones! We crossed over the bridge and walked down the right hand side for a bit. It was pretty muddy but it was okay for me. We hugged some trees, found some fairy doors, and spied some coots and more geese. Then we went back across the bridge and down the other side to where there are swan pedalos. They weren't running but it was still nice to see them. There were some picnic benches so we stopped there for a little bit.

We walked back to the car park and over the road to the ice cream shack. We all had an ice cream - I had bubblegum and a flake, which E kept calling 'bubblebum' which was adorable. We sat on some picnic benches to the right of the ice cream shack and it was fine, except then it started to rain heavily so we went inside the garden centre. We had a good look at everything in there but Lee and I only got some bird food. We keep losing the cylinder things in bad weather! And our cats love to look at the birds from the windows so we like to feed them. 

By this time it was past 1pm so we said goodbye to Gillian and Tom and drove home, stopping for some sandwiches on the way! I was wearing my My Little Pony t shirt, one of my skirts that used to be a dress, black leggings, and my ridiculous strawberry and cherry jumper! I knew it would be warm enough as the day wasn't boiling, and I was right! Also L told me she liked it, and I do like getting validation from a six year old!


Lee and I while waiting for Gillian and co by the playground


Swinging E on the swings


There were a couple of these little totem sculpture things, L liked them a lot


Ducks and geese


The waterfall


These geese had some really pretty markings/feathers


The ducks and geese as we were feeding them


Loved these two white geese walking along


This Canada goose was on the bridge as we walked back across it


E in a 'fairy house'. L also used this as Rapunzel's tower. Kids are amazing


The swan pedalos


Selfie in the sunshine. I think I've mentioned that I went back on antidepressants at the end of last summer and they've been absolutely brilliant for me. I'm feeling so much better than I was. It was so nice to be out in the sunshine and to have a long walk - it felt restorative and lovely. I'm feeling myself in this photo


There are a few places you can go at Cannon Hall and this is the hall itself. I've never been in but I have been to the amenities closer up which include a farm shop and stuff


And here's my outfit when I got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment