Saturday, July 6, 2019

Films of the Month - May

I didn't watch many films in May. I was quite busy as I'm sure you can see! Lee and I usually watch a few films on holiday but we ended up watching Whitechapel on Netflix (which I'd only seen a couple of episodes of and Lee had never seen at all). Here's what I did see, though.


We watched Solo and X Men Days of Future Past on holiday, both of which are films that I already really love and which I liked seeing again


I thought from the trailer that Widows was going to be more of a caper, a bit funnier? I liked it, but thought it was quite dark


I love Saturday Night Fever with every fibre of my being and I hadn't seen it in ages so I rectified that


I saw this advertised on Netflix and thought I'd watch it. I liked it! It's funny and cute, I'd recommend it if you like Amy Poehler


Lee and I watched Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure one Friday evening. I actually prefer the other one but this is still cute


Someone on Twitter mentioned The Boat That Rocked was on Netflix so I watched it. I thought I'd already seen it but I don't think I can have. I liked it! It needed more women, but I liked the music


I was feeling quite miserable so wanted to watch something comforting, so I thought I'd watch Mary Poppins Returns again. It isn't bad, but it is too long for sure


Lee and I were away in a hotel and happened to catch Die Hard 3 on TV. I love it, I love the riddles! 


People had been raving about this film, starring  Zac Efron as Ted Bundy, too. I really liked it, I didn't know too much about him and thought Zac was really good


I rewatched Bohemian Rhapsody to see what I thought of it six months after seeing it the first time. It looks really good, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it


This documentary about Lady Gaga is so good! I really liked looking at her life and work, and was surprised how open she was about her chronic illness and how ill she is. I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment