Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Christmas Day 2021

I managed to sleep in on Christmas Day which is unlike me! We were at our house but we had already taken some presents to my mum's, so we just needed to pack our stuff and the cats and their stuff, and head over to my mum's. We were determined to make all four cats be friends - mine just want to investigate Ruben and Millie, but they're older cats and seem to dislike mine. Millie sulked the whole time. Ruben cuffed both of mine into submission but then they all seemed to get along, which was really nice. 

We had some Bucks Fizz (the M&S one with clementine, which is delicious!) and opened some presents. About 1pm we had our 'starter'. I had some smoked salmon AND some smoke salmon pate, both of which were absolutely gorgeous. I usually eat vegetarian but every now and then I have some fish and I think that's fine - and I did really enjoy it. I got some gorgeous presents. My mum bought me a dolls house which I'm looking forward to putting together and decorating. Lee bought me some furniture for it to start me off - a little sofa and a little dresser! They're both very cute.

My mum had also decided to treat us all to a special gift. She says that as we've had a rubbish couple of years, she wanted to spend some money on each of us. She wanted to get my stepdad a steel guitar, so Lee helped her to find that. Lee decided he would also like a new guitar, so he found himself one. And I got a sapphire ring. I have very beautiful diamond and ruby rings, and a small but cute emerald ring, so I wanted a sapphire one too. We found a lovely one in a pawn shop in Stretford Mall when we went shopping at the end of November. I love it - it's such a dark sapphire and surrounded by tiny diamonds. My cousin is a jeweller and my mum had taken it to him for resizing, and he said it was a lovely piece. I love it - I'm a big believer in wearing my fancy jewellery so I've worn it quite a few times since Christmas!

We had our 'main course' at around 5.30, which we often do. My mum had bought me a vegan sausage and cranberry wreath for me instead of turkey, and it was absolutely delicious. Plus there was loads left for the days after! We had our dessert at about 7.30. It makes for a nice and relaxing day. It was nice just the four of us, too! 

I had bought a dress especially for Christmas Day. I saw a friend who had bought it for a wedding back in November, and asked her where it was from. It was from Joe Brown's at Simply Be, so I bought it on Black Friday which meant I got 40% off it - a bargain! I love the colour and of course it matched my new sapphire ring! 


The ring in question, isn't it lovely? I love vintage jewellery 


Jasmine and Ruben and Poppy trying to decide if they can get along with each other


The table all set for lunch


Oh yes my mum bought me a Libertines t-shirt! I've never had one so I'm excited to wear this


Sam managed to find festive Harry Styles wrapping paper for me, haha


My gorgeous dress - it's velvet on top and then this beautiful paisley pattern on the bottom. The hem is asymmetric and it's just generally a lovely dress


Vegan sausage and cranberry wreath - it was from Lidl and I would recommend it!


My lovely dinner, I added gravy afterwards. I am also one of those people who've learnt to like brussels sprouts as they've got older




All eighteen books that I got for Christmas - a bumper haul I think!


Ruben was having treats and look at Poppy - she is so fascinated by him


My mum had bought these very cute chocolate cups when were in Helmsley. My stepdad and I had Baileys in ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment