Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Films of the Month - March

I only watched seven films in March, which is very small number and I'd really like to do better in April! Here's what I did see: 


I've never seen Once Upon A Time in Hollywood and have wanted to, so I watched it. I really liked it, it's complex and funny if a bit long


The Italian Job is one of my favourite films of all time; I watched it one Thursday afternoon when I was by myself. I just love it, I could probably say all the words


Lee and I watched Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey one Friday evening. I prefer it to the first one because I just love Death so much. It's so funny, if very stupid


Netflix recommend 17 Again to me, so I watched it one Monday afternoon. It was okay, I like Matthew Perry so his bits were good


My friend Leanne recommended I watch The Power of the Dog so I did. It's really good, I would recommend it to you if you haven't seen it


I don't know why I was thinking about In the Name of the Father, but I was, so I watched it. I've seen it before. It's about the Guildford Four, who were wrongly convicted as IRA terrorists. It's good, Daniel Day Lewis and Pete Postlethwaite are both excellent


Finally I was reading about Jerry Lee Lewis and didn't realise they had made a film of his life starring Dennis Quaid and Winona Ryder as Jerry's thirteen year old wife (who was also his cousin). I liked it, even if I find Jerry Lee's life icky in parts (thanks to the aforementioned thirteen year old wife, for a start). It's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment