Sunday, July 31, 2022

Trip to Filey - Day 1

On the 10th of June I went away for the weekend with my friends Sam and Jacqui. It was Sam's birthday and she booked us into a static caravan at Reighton Sands in Filey. I haven't been to Filey since I was a kid, so I was happy to go back. We stayed at Primrose Valley a couple of times when I was little, but I'd never been to Reighton Sands. It's an absolutely gorgeous site and I would really recommend it, even if you don't have a car as there's a bus that goes right through the site. Our caravan was privately owned and we got it through Airbnb, and it was lovely, I would go back. 

I picked Sam up first and we went to Sainsburys for a click and collect then set off to York to pick Jacqui up. We then went for lunch in Stamford Bridge at a gorgeous bistro right on the square. We had picked it because it was on the way and it had nice veggie choices. I went for a halloumi burger that came with lovely homemade chips and onion rings. I would definitely go back there because it was so nice. 

We got to Filey around 4pm and stopped on the cliff tops really close to the park before checking in to the holiday park and in to our caravan. I had been quite unwell all week (ongoing gynae issues) so was happy to just relax in the van. We cooked some snacks for tea and had it with dips and vegetables etc, and drank some wine while watching TV. It was a nice relaxing evening. I was lucky and got the king size main bedroom as I'd been unwell and was still in pain - thanks friends. 

I was wearing this new Star Wars t-shirt that I had bought from eBay the previous weekend as I suddenly wanted a Star Wars t-shirt. I ended up with two for about £8 each! I love it, it's so fun. I wore it with my green Scarlett & Jo skirt, I thought it matched quite well. 


Halloumi burger in No.10 Bistro


The cliff tops


We sat on a bench just close to this


It was windy


Jacqui took this of Sam and I 


View from the caravan - we could just see the sea! 


Me and Jacqui


And my outfit with Star Wars t-shirt, I love it


And the master bedroom where I was lucky enough to sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment