Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Day Out with Lee

Last time I went to Slattery, back in April, to see my friend Amy, Lee complained that I never take him. It's quite difficult though to get a table at the weekends, so I told him to have a day off and we would go. So he did. We set off about 10.30 and went over Woodhead Pass. We got to Slatterys about 11.45 so went in and straight upstairs for our table at twelve o'clock.

We were seated in one of the booths, which was lovely! I think I've only sat in one of those twice before. I went for a bagel with smoked salmon (I do occasionally eat fish, and I love smoked salmon) and a hot chocolate to begin with. Lee had a tuna jacket potato and a hot chocolate too. Then for dessert we shared - we got Belgian waffles with chocolate and ice cream, and two scoops of ice cream, chocolate and strawberry, with a chocolate pot of milk chocolate poured over them. The chocolate solidified which was delicious!

By the time we had finished lunch we were stuffed. I had a nice coffee with my dessert, too. We weren't sure what to do then, so we decided to go to the Trafford Centre. It must be about a decade since I was last there and it's changed a lot in that time! We wandered into a few shops and then went into the food hall. I'm sad to see that the water feature is no longer in the middle of the downstairs! There was a bar near where we were, so we decided to get a drink there.

I had a white sangria which was absolutely delicious. I think I will have to try to make myself some over the summer. Lee had a lemonade. It was quiet but really nice. We then went into a few more shops before setting off back home at about 3.30. We got home about 5pm! It was a lovely day out.

I was wearing two things which are new to me but secondhand. Firstly my shoes were from a charity shop in Thirsky last autumn and I love them and was looking forward to wearing them this summer. But they rubbed blisters on my feet, so I will have to be careful when and where I wear them! I hope they'll stretch though. They're from Clarks originally so definitely worth the £5 I paid for them!

Then my dress! Lolly gave it to me just the day before this. I love the pattern. It's from Topsy Curvy originally and I just love how bright and loud it is. I will definitely wear this again.



Lee in our lovely booth in Slatterys. It's an absolutely gorgeous shop downstairs - they do amazing wedding cakes, other cakes, chocolate, and tons of other gifts - and the dining room upstairs which does amazing chocolate and lovely pastries as well as savoury dishes


Here's me - you can see a bit of the dress


My luscious hot chocolate


My smoked salmon bagel was not stingy on the salmon at all! There was cream cheese and spinach underneath


Our waffles and the chocolate pot that I ordered separately


Which we poured over this delicious ice cream


Looking one way just outside of Selfridges


And the other way. The Trafford Centre is one of the weirdest places on earth


For instance, the food court looks like a cruise ship. I wish they still had the water where the big T is!


These cute angel and devil wings were in the bar where we had a drink


Here we are!


My lovely white sangria 


My shoes and you can see my teal footless tights too


And finally the dress, isn't it just so gaudy and ridiculous! I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment