Monday, June 24, 2024

Lunch Out and a Market with Roslyn

On Sunday the 12th of May I went to Sheffield to see my friend Roslyn. We hadn't met up in absolutely forever, so it was well overdue. She's vegetarian like me so she suggested that we went to Temple of Fun. I got to her house about 11.45. Her kids were very happy to see me and even happier when they discovered I'd brought them lots of stickers as I had been having a big sort out. 

Ros and I got to Temple of Fun about ten past twelve and we were the first customers in! We thought it we turned up early we wouldn't have a problem getting a table. One Sundays they do Sunday dinner but neither of us fancied that so they do also do burgers. I usually get a hotdog but that isn't available on Sundays so I went for a burger instead. It was a "chicken" patty with cheese, bacon Frazzles, and fake bacon. It was absolutely delicious! I also had "chicken" satay loaded fries which were spicy and delicious, with waffles fries. I didn't manage to eat all of them. Roslyn had those too and a different burger, I can't remember what hers had. I also had an oat milk hot chocolate - I've had them there before and they're so good! I was so full though. 

We finished lunch about 1.40 and I suggested that we go to Red Brick Market. I know a few people who sell things there so I wanted to have a look, and I knew it was open on Sundays. It's near Bramall Lane, so I drove there and we parked. It is absolutely gorgeous inside - so many unique sellers, so much vintage stuff, so many gorgeous handmade things. I could have spent an absolute fortune but I was quite restrained. I bought some earrings, a sticker, a postcard, an obsidian sphere, and some wax melts. Roslyn got a few bits too. I'll definitely go back! 

We went back to Roslyn's and I went in for a drink and to talk to her partner and the kids. The children entertained themselves by going through absolutely everything in my handbag! They're funny, cute little things so it was a joy to talk to them. 

I got home about 5pm I think. I had been wearing this Joe Browns dress that I got recently. I love the pattern and I love the length of it. I wore tights underneath but I could easily not do that in warmer weather. It has shortish sleeves so I did also put on a shrug but it was so warm that I didn't need it. 


Oat milk hot chocolate - I could go for another of these right now


Chicken frazzle burger


Chicken satay loaded fries


This little bit belongs to someone I know on Facebook. She had loads of lovely vintage crochet cardigans and a pencil case that I would have died for if I was ten years old! 


Outside. There were only two criticisms we had - we would have liked baskets to carry things round in as we both use walking sticks and it was hard to carry everything in one hand, and I think they could use a couple of seats for disabled people too


Here's the gorgeous bluey green dress


Here's what I bought. The melts are really good quality, I'm burning one right now


Finally here's photo booth photos that Ros and I took in Temple of Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment