Thursday, March 19, 2020

What I Wore 15th February

It feels like forever since I've done an outfit post and I think that's partly because I haven't been going out that often recently; I've been kind of hibernating. It's partly because I don't have many new clothes to wear; I'm trying to save money and I do already have lots of beautiful dresses. It's just a thing, and it's fine, but it does mean there haven't been as many outfit posts. But then this blog is a catch all of stuff for me and that's how I like it!

Anyway, Lee's dad phoned a couple of days before the 15th and said he and Lee's stepmam were going to come down to stay in Wakefield over night (all of Lee's family live in Durham still) and would we like to go out for tea with them. We didn't have any plans for the weekend except that my cousin and his girlfriend were going to arrive around 10.30pm to stay overnight, so we had mentioned going out on Saturday evening before that. Lee's dad told us to choose a pub so I booked a table at The Sovereign pub in Shepley, about 20 minutes from our house.

We had a nice meal with them. The Sovereign is part of the Vintage Inns range and although their vegetarian selection isn't amazing, they do have a dedicated vegan menu. I went for spiced cauliflower soup, which was nicely spicy but not amazing, and then their vegan burger, which was really good. It came with chips. Then I had banoffee pie to finish with. It was really lovely to see Lee's dad and stepmam, it's been ages since they've been down so we've only seen them at Christmas.

We got home and Peter and Beth arrived eventually, so we chatted for a bit before bed. The next day they wanted to be off around 11am. They'd come to Sheffield to do indoor climbing, something they both enjoy. We made breakfast before they went, which was nice.

I wore this blue spotty Lindy Bop dress to go out in. I love it because it's easy to wear and comfortable but looks really good on. I pulled out my Beth Ditto heart cardigan to wear over it as I knew I'd be warm in the pub.

I had painted my nails just the day before with Barry M Caspian, which is a gorgeous gold polish with a rose gold flash. I'm really trying to paint my nails every week as I didn't manage it at all this year until the 6th of February!


Barry M Caspian


Lindy Bop dress and Beth Ditto cardigan. Thanks it has pockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment