Saturday, March 26, 2022

Birthday Day Out

I know I'm so lucky to have loving friends and family who want to spend time with me - that's where I'll start this post! I made plans to go out just after my birthday in Leeds with some of my favourite people and I'm so lucky that so many people came. I also got some really lovely presents from people, I am again so lucky!

I booked a table at 12.45 at The Botanist underneath Trinity. I haven't been before, but I've always wanted to go. Lee and I arrived and my mum, stepdad, stepcousin N, Steph, and Leanne were already there. I had pre-ordered a birthday cocktail for myself and an Aperol Spritz tree because I knew my mum and stepdad and I would all like that, so it seemed ideal. Sam and Jac came soon afterwards and although Stacey was on her way she was delayed so the rest of us ordered. I went for bang bang cauliflower and then the halloumi kebabs. The cauliflower was gorgeous although I was a bit jealous of people who had the deep fried onion petals - I'll have to have that next time! The hanging kebabs come with an oil that you pour over from the top, and have fries at the bottom. I really liked mine, I would recommend them! 

Stacey arrived and we had another drink before heading upstairs to Angelica's. We said goodbye to Steph and Leanne but I'm so glad they both came! Angelica's only had a table outside so we braved the cold. They have blankets and stuff and we eventually moved to a table under a heater which was marginally better. I had a lovely glass of wine. 

At 6pm my mum had booked a table at the Cast Iron bar and grill which is just over the road from Trinity. We ended up in there a couple of years ago and found it nice. It's connected to the Marriott Hotel which does give it a bit of a weird vibe BUT we liked it. It turned out the table was in the restaurant at the back which was really nice and quiet and the staff were great. We all had bits to eat and some drinks and stuff - it was really lovely! We stayed in there until after 9pm before going our separate ways.

I was wearing a new dress from Simply Be - it's peach with white dots and it's really more of a sumemr dress but I wanted to wear it! It's a nice material and I really like it. 

It was such a lovely day, I'm so glad we did it! I've got loads of photos: 


Jasmine using my cushion as a pillow first thing in the morning


And Poppy doing... whatever this is


Aperol tree! 


There was a sign on the table, too. Very cute!


Bang bang cauliflower and a really nice dip


I made everyone do round the table slefies so here's me and Lee


Me and N 


N and my stepdad


My mum and stepdad


My mum and Jac


Jac and Sam


Sam and Steph


And finally Steph and Leanne! As I said, Stacey arrived a bit later


N doesn't drink alcohol so she was on the mocktails. Mine (on the right) was strawberry and elderflower and some kind of alcohol


My hanging kebab - Lee had a chicken one and my mum had a chicken and chorizo one. I think everyone enjoyed their food!


Sitting on the roof at Angelica's drinking wine


Me and Sam under the heater


An espresso martini for me


And here's my dress which I wore with Snag footless tights!

No comments:

Post a Comment