Saturday, March 12, 2022

Films of the Month - December

In 2021 I watched 120 films, which I feel is a good number, I'm happy about it. Of those, 69 were films I haden't seen before. Again, that's a good number! I keep long lists at the back of my journal so I know exactly what I saw.

I went to the cinema twice in December which is unheard of for me, but I find that having time at Christmas means we do go. We were both off between Christmas and New Year so had time to go and see the new Ghostbusters film which, as I said before, we both really liked. 

Here's what I watched:


I remembered this film, about the making of Mary Poppins, so found it to watch. I like it, I don't love Tom Hanks but I like him enough in this


I watched Spender, about Princess Diana's experiences one Christmas at Sandringham when her marriage was falling apart, and I really liked it. Kristen Stewart was really good, and I liked how it had almost a horror movie feel to it - barely anyone spoke to her and she was very isolated. I would recommend a watch


Lee and I watched Home Alone which we always watch before Christmas, it's one of my favourites


Single All the Way did NOT live up to my dreams and expectations, boo hiss. I thought the main guy didn't deserve to end up with any man, to be honest, and his family was quite irritating. Sorry, just not for me


I love Meet Me in St Louis and have tried to watch it near Christmas for the last few years. Judy Garland is perfect, it's so kitsch, I love it


I watched Mary Poppins Returns; I haven't seen it that many times and the fact is I just don't love it. It's okay - Emily Blunt's accent is very annoying, and some of the effects are rubbish - but it is just okay


Twitter was recommending A Castle for Christmas to me, so I took a chance, and I'm glad I did because I really liked it. It was cute and camp, perfect for a Christmas film! 


You all already know that I love Miss Saigon, well it's on Netflix currently so I watched it one afternoon just before Christmas. I know all the words to all the songs


Lee and I watched The Muppet Christmas Carol together the weekend before Christmas. It's just brilliant isn't it, Michael Caine just plays it so totally straight


I asked my mum to go see the remake of West Side Story with me. I love the original and was interested to see this. I liked it - Ansel Elgort doesn't really do much for me but he was okay. Rachel Zegler was good as Maria. Mike Faist was brilliant as Riff, and of course it was brilliant to see Rita Moreno as Valentina. I think it was a decent remake, and my mum enjoyed it too - she cried at the end!


Lee and I watched Die Hard on Christmas Eve before my mum and stepdad arrived. You of course have to watch it before Christmas, I'm glad we got round to it


I watched the first Peter Rabbit film also in 2021 and despite disliking James Corden I enjoyed it, so I wanted to see the second one too. I didn't think it was as good, but still quite cute


And finally Lee and I saw Ghostbusters Afterlife and I would really recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment