Friday, March 4, 2022

Boxing Day 2021

I say this every year (well not 2020 because we weren't allowed to do anything) but I often much prefer Boxing Day to Christmas Day. It's much less stressful, and we always have a nice time chilling out. My mum and I always show each other our presents and we cook the leftovers and it's just a nice day. This year my aunt, uncle and cousin came up to spend Christmas with my grandma - she wasn't well and she ended up going into a home soon after Christmas. My other cousin and his wife couldn't come as they both had Covid, which was a shame. But we had planned to see my aunt, uncle, and cousin on the Monday, the 27th, but then they also came to my mum's for a couple of hours on Boxing Day morning. It was lovely to see them! My cousin brought us one of his graduation photos each, which is now in pride of place on our mantelpiece.

The four of us had leftovers for tea, with some cauliflower cheese (I made the cheese sauce, thank you very much). We played games in the evening and Lee played Norman's new steel guitar for a bit. It was a nice relaxed day! 



Peter's graduation photo - how is he not like eight years old now though?! He's getting married in June!


Jasmine was sitting with my mum when a SQUIRREL arrived outside! As you can imagine this was very exciting for a kitten!


My two sitting on my seat, aren't they cuties? They wanted food


Second day's dinner! Yes I do very much like bread sauce


And here's Lee playing the steel guitar

No comments:

Post a Comment