Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Gig in Leeds on 8th January

The 8th of January was a busy but fun day for me. During the day I went shopping with my mum and stepcousin, N. We did some sale shopping - I got two pairs of shoes and some Paperchase gift wrap and cards, among other things. We had lunch at Pizza Hut and I got home about 4.30. I was really cold so laid in bed for a bit before I went out to see Carl Barat in the evening. 

He was touring with three musicians, two of whom we Libertines fans already knew. Jay used to be the drummer in Carl's other band The Jackals, and Drew was the bass player in Peter's bands, and stood in for John in the Libertines recently. I was thrilled to be able to see Drew. The other guy is a really good guitarist, too. I don't know if Carl will tour with these three again, but it was SUCH a good gig. It was at the Wardrobe in Leeds, which I know has good disabled access - I was on their list and had a seat which was great.

Lee came to Leeds with me and while I was at the gig he went to the retro game arcade. He's wanted to go for ages and really enjoyed it - I'll have to go myself at some point with him. This was really helpful to me as it meant no stress and no trying to find somewhere to park. After the gig I spoke to my friends Rachael and Sarah and their friend for a bit while I waited for Lee to pick me up.

It was SUCH a good gig, I really enjoyed myself! My photos aren't amazing but they'll do for me 


Drew!


And Carl!







No comments:

Post a Comment