Sunday, March 20, 2022

Birthday Trip Day 1

As you may know, my birthday is the 19th of January and I often find it dark and depressing, so I like to do something for it to make it a good time. This year Lee had a few days of holiday left so I said we should go away. I wanted somewhere with a sea view, so that's what I filtered by on Airbnb. I found somewhere just south of Bridlington which had a back garden that led right on to the beach. It was a lovely apartment and was cheap enough.

My mum and stepdad had hoped to be away in France over my birthday, but of course Covid said no, so I said they should come across to Bridlington for the day on my actual birthday, which they did and which was lovely. That's my next post, though! Here's what happened on the Tuesday...

I had been at work until 2pm with my mum, sorting stuff out for the auditors and generally tidying up the accounts, but once I got home we just packed our stuff and went as Lee was off all day. We got our neighbour to feed the cats until Thursday morning when my mum picked them up for 24 hours which was good. I don't like leaving them but they were of course actually fine. We set off towards Bridlington and saw a lovely sunset, and out the front of the Airbnb it was visible too. Absolutely gorgeous!

I had ordered myself a "bouquet" of cupcakes from a woman on a local Facebook group - yes those are cupcakes and not flowers! Aren't they amazing? I really liked them. Lee made pan haggerty for tea (a holiday classic!) and we watched TV in the evening and relaxed. The moon was visible on the sea when we went to bed, it was just gorgeous! 



Sunset just near Bridlington when we stopped for a minute


And out the front of the holiday apartment


The bouquet of cupcakes... so stunning!


Here's Lee holding one later to prove they were cupcakes not flowers!


Pan haggerty and Richmond meat free sausages


And finally, the beautiful moon over the sea

No comments:

Post a Comment