Monday, October 10, 2022

Day Out with Lee and What I Wore 7th August

On Sunday the 7th of August Lee and I went to Skipton for the day. We had been meaning to go for ages but hadn't got around to it, so I said we should go while we had chance. I looked at nearly every restaurant in Skipton, I felt like, but eventually decided on a pub which turned out to be a few miles north of Skipton in Threshfield. In fact it was on the holiday park where Lee and I spent a morning in the spa when we were staying in Grassington in late 2019. We turned up a bit early and were led through to our table which was in a function room. The atmosphere was a bit dead until it filled up a bit, but staff were nice and attentive which was good. They had three veggie choices but I decided to go for Sunday lunch. I had a nut roast which was lovely, and then I could help myself to vegetables and Yorkshire puddings from the carvery. Lee had the same but with turkey, we were happy! 

Then Lee had sticky toffee pudding and I had crepe Suzette which was nice too. We would go back - I want to stay on the holiday park actually! We set off to Skipton and managed to park on the main street. We started walking down one side, going into quite a few of the shops, and then up the other side. A few shops were shut because it was Sunday, so we'll have to go back on another day. Plus I'd really like to see the market! I had asked on Twitter and people had said there were good charity shops, which is true. There's also a number of hippy shops which I love. I bought some crystals. We went into Craven Shopping Centre where there was a shop selling geeky stuff, which was cute. Also in there was a cafe called The Cake 'Ole, so we decided to get a drink. Lee had a mint milkshake and I had a cream soda cordial. I really liked the cafe, it had a cute aesthetic. Apparently they also have branches in Keighley and Bradford. 

By this time it was nearly 4pm and we were both tired - Lee really wasn't well after the treatment for his vertigo, so we decided to set off home. I had to drive because Lee really couldn't, which is fine but did leave me a bit in pain. I have to say that I thought Skipton was really accessible which is good - I would be happy to go back by myself or with friends who don't drive, as even if I couldn't park on the main street there were plenty of car parks close by. I hate that I have to worry about this stuff but I do now! 

I was wearing this old Scarlett & Jo dress that I haven't worn in forever even though it's one of my favourites. It's very comfortable and easy to wear, and it has pockets! I put it on with this black shrug that I bought a few weeks ago when I went to Meadowhall with Chloe and Laura. It's a really thin material so ideal for hot weather, and I like the lace on the edges. I think I'll wear this a lot! 


The nut roast is kind of buried but I promise it was there!


Crepe Suzette


Looking up the street in Skipton


And down


Lee's ridiculous milkshake


My cordial came fizzy in a very cute jar


The cafe - I'll be back


Scarlett & Jo dress and Yours shrug


My jewellery was cat themed too!

No comments:

Post a Comment