Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Meal Out with Friends and What I Wore 11th August

On the 11th of August - which is when the weather started really heating up again - I went out for tea in Wakefield with my friends Katie and Sheryl. I know them from university, only Katie, it turned out, was also from Wakefield like me, and Sheryl now lives here too. I haven't seen Sheryl in a while so I was glad Katie invited her along. I suggested we meet at Sofra Grill which is a Turkish restaurant. They don't have tons of veggie choices but enough. 

As I was driving through Wakefield I noticed they were having a Pride event on the 14th of August, and I noticed a new vegan cafe! Wow Wakefield is really in the 21st century there! I will have to check out the cafe. 

I got there first and went in through the lounge area, which is new since last time I went. It's nice - it's got plush furnishings and a nice bar. It was also much cooler in there as there was airconditioning, so when I was offered a table in there I jumped at it. The seats were really comfy. Katie and Sheryl arrived not too long later. 

We found staff a little strange, but we managed to order. I had halloumi to start with, which was really soft and nice, and which came with a little bit of hummus and sweet chilli sauce and salad. Then I had what they called a vegetarian kebab, which was layers of potato, aubergine, courgette and carrot in a tomato sauce with feta on top. It came with rice and salad and was really yummy - I would eat it again. The prices are cheap enough which is good, but I think the place is trying to be a bit more upmarket than it really is. It needs a rethink, I think. But what I ate was really nice, so that's fine!

As it was so hot I had worn the coolest thing I own - my shirred off the shoulder leopard print dress from Yours. It's full length so I didn't have to wear anything underneath it, which made me cooler. Katie said how much she liked it which made me happy! I do love this dress, I like how it feels on! 


Oh yes Sheryl took this lovely picture of all three of us - I can't believe we've known each other for twenty years this September!


Halloumi


Vegetarian kebab - delish!


And here I am in this lovely dress. My bra is new - it's from Brastop and I love the mint green colour!

No comments:

Post a Comment