Monday, October 31, 2022

Lunch Out and What I Wore 31st August

On the 31st of August I went to Sheffield to meet my friend Philippa again. It was two days before I went on holiday and I am usually really anxious before I go on holiday, so to make plans to do something really helped. I suggested we go to Pho because I love Pho. It's Vietnamese food, it's a chain but I've only ever been to the one in Sheffield. I know parking round it can be terrible, so I parked at Middlewood tram station and got the tram, which I find delightful because it's such a novelty. I got to Pho about 11.50 and sat outside until it opened. Pippa arrived just after me.

I went for veggie summer rolls with peanut sauce and tofu curry with rice, which is what I always have, because they are both always so good. I had something different once and didn't like it as much, so I won't make that mistake again! The curry is always slightly different, yesterday's had mushrooms in which was nice! Pippa had summer rolls and then the three mushroom soup, which she enjoyed. I wouldn't normally have a dessert but decided to have some ice cream - dark chocolate and honey and ginger. They were nice! Pippa had the rich chocolate truffle slice. 

We left around 2.15 and I got the tram back to the car and then drove home. I then had a nap - I had been awake really early as I was anxious about the holiday. Lee did some work next to me, while I was sleep. I then headed out for my nail appointment. I still had the same gel polish (on my natural nails) that I had had done for Lee's party, so I wanted some new stuff putting on before our holiday. When I'm back I'll leave my nails bare for a while I think, but I'll definitely have them done again for Christmas. My nail tech works from her house in a village near to mine and she's absolutely crackers, totally bonkers. I really like her! I chose a nice bright polish with glitter fade on four nails, I really like it.

When I got home I had leftover soup for tea; Lee had already eaten his tea because it was quite late when I was done. We watched TV for a bit and then Lee had a bath so I watched Netflix in bed and read my book! It was a good day, though, nice and relaxing before my holiday.

I was wearing this black dotted skirt, which used to be a dress but I cut the bodice off. It's a Scarlett & Jo Lollidot one and I love the pattern, but had forgotten about the skirt but had unearthed it while packing for my holiday. I wore my Be Gay Solve Crimes t-shirt, which is a reference to the Murder Most Unladylike novels by Robin Stevens. Love this t-shirt, it's really soft. I pulled on my bubblegum pink footless tights from Snag, they were warm enough for the weather but not too thick, and I like the pop of colour!


Summer rolls and peanut sauce - I could drink a vat of that sauce


Tofu curry - I thoroughly recommend this dish


Ice cream - it wasn't loads but enough


Be gay solve crimes


Close up of my tights


And finally my nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment