Saturday, October 29, 2022

Lunch Out with Lee

On the Saturday of the Bank Holiday weekend Lee and I went into Barnsley for a look around and some lunch. We didn't have anything to do so I said it would be nice and Lee agreed. Plus it was nice to spend time together! We set off quite early and parked in the Glassworks and went down in the lift. We went to Game first of all because Lee had a birthday voucher he wanted to spend. Then we went into the market ground floor, where I bought some pear drops. I sat outside while Lee went to the record shop - he came back with something for him and the 12" single of A Rainy Night in Soho by The Pogues for me! It was a nice present. 

We walked over to Marks & Spencer to buy food for the rest of the weekend, I like their Plant Kitchen range so got a couple of things from there. Then we went to TKMaxx as I was after some flip flops for my holiday but they didn't have any. We went upstairs in the market and I went to the bookstall - if you take a previous book back then you get money off your next book. I find this really good because they've got a lot of crime books and once I've read I don't feel the need to keep them, so taking them back works really well for me. 

Then we went into Market Kitchen for lunch. I really like it because we can get different things but still sit together. It was busy but Lee snaffled us a table. I went for Thai - I had vegetable tempura, tofu massaman curry, and jasmine rice. Lee went for a Turkish chicken wrap and chips which he enjoyed. I couldn't eat all my curry so brought some of it home with me. After lunch we went to Asda in search of flip flops and swimming shorts for Lee; I stayed in the car though while went in. On the way home we got a McFlurry each. It was a hot day! We relaxed for the rest of the day. 

I was wearing my Schitt's Creek dress from Carolina Dress Room, I had forgotten I even owned it but was looking through my wardrobe! I was wearing it with this shrug from Yours that I've been wearing all the time recently; it's just enough of a covering when the weather is warm.

It was a nice day!


I love Massaman curry so much!


What I got in town


Schitt's Creek dress - the only problem is I wish it had Johnny on it, but it doesn't, just David, Alexis, and Moira. Cute though!


No comments:

Post a Comment