Saturday, October 8, 2022

Day Out with Sam and Jacqui

 Sam and Jac and I met up at the beginning of August, because if we hadn't, we would have seen each other in June and then not again until October as we all had quite a few plans. So we decided to meet up in Leeds and go to the cinema, then have lunch together. It all came together a bit at the last minute when we decided what film to see. We decided to see Joyride at the Vue in the Light, which is easy for me to get to and park at (even though it costs a fortune - you pay for ease I guess). It started at 10.30 so I set off nice and early. 

We met at 10.15 just before the film started and got settled. It was good, it had Olivia Colman in it and I love her, so it was good to see. It finished around 12.30 and we walked out of the Light to Sushi Waka where we had booked a table. We wanted to go to Turtle Bay but it was fully booked, but no worries, sushi was good too! I had crispy tofu bao buns, vegetable tempura, and a vegan sushi platter. I'm pretty sure that was all vegan. We all enjoyed what we had. The restaurant wasn't busy so we sat for a while chatting.

As we were walking back I realised I'd just tipped into the next hour of parking, so I suggested we get a coffee so I could make the most of that hour. We went to Starbucks in the Light and sat chatting there for a bit before saying goodbye. It was so nice to see them both and talk for a bit. 

I got home and then had to take Lee to the shop - he was feeling very dizzy from his vertigo treatment and wasn't supposed to drive. It didn't take long though. I was wearing this mustard dress from Simply Be that I've had for a while - it's easy to put on and comfy to wear, and you know I love a bare shoulder!


Vegan sushi platter, the ones at the back had fake chicken teriyaki in them 


Crispy tofu bao buns, delish!


And vegetable tempura


I managed to get a picture of all of us! 


And here's my lovely mustard dress

No comments:

Post a Comment