Friday, October 14, 2022

Lunch Out with Sarah at Meadowhall

In the middle of August Sarah and I met up at Meadowhall for lunch. Lee had decided to go to this podcast thing in London so I had asked Sarah to meet me and she was free! She came by herself as Tom looked after Robyn, so she was thrilled to have both hands free, haha. We met at Claire's and walked along to Flying Tiger. We got waylaid by Lush! I haven't been in Lush in forever. I'm pleased to see that they have different coloured baskets now - yellow if you want to be left alone, and black if you'd like help. Now, I like to be helped by the salespeople in Lush but I know some people hate it, so I think this is a really good thing. I asked a salesperson to show me some new stuff, which she did - she was lovely. They have three candles now - two I couldn't smell that much but one smelt exactly like a shower gel I once bought in France so I had to have it! It is Orange Blossom scented and absolutely gorgeous. I also bought myself some Happy Hippy shower gel which is really citrussy. 

After Lush we made it to Flying Tiger. When I went in July with Chloe and Laura I had bought a couple of notebooks for my friend Lucinda, only when I sent them the package got damaged and no notebooks remained. I claimed the money back from Royal Mail so could rebuy the notebooks. I also got some party supplies for Lee's 40th which was the following weekend. 

We then headed to Yo Sushi, which is where we alwayd used to eat together. Sarah hasn't been since before the pandemic though, and if you haven't either then it's odd. You order online and stuff arrives on the conveyor belt with a traffic light system to show that it's yours. It's not as fun as just picking stuff off the belt we didn't think. Plus we both wanted fries and they didn't have any, which was a shame. But I enjoyed what I did have. 

After lunch we walked to Accessorise where I bought myself some new sunglasses and some earrings, both of which were in the sale. We then said goodbye and I drove home quickly in the airconditioned car! 

I was wearing my Pits and Perverts: Lesbians and Gay Men Support the Miners t-shirt, which I love, and my Fuck the Tories necklace, which I also love. I think they made quite the statement, in case you didn't know where my politics lie! I spent the rest of the day relaxing as it was just so hot!


I put some contact lenses in so pulled out these sunglasses to put on. I can't remember where they're from but I love the colour


Sarah and I in Yo Sushi


Have your tried this Intergalactic Coca Cola? It's weird! It's sugar free and kind of tastes like candy floss? I liked it, I'd have it again


Some of the sushi I had - inari pockets bottom right, some kind of rolls in the middle, and pumpkin katsu top left


My t-shirt and necklace (I know you can't see the necklace very well, but believe me)


And here's what I bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment