Sunday, October 16, 2022

Lee's Birthday Weekend Day 1

Lee turned forty years old in the middle of August, which was absolutely loopy because I've been with him since just before he turned eighteen! What is time?? It's all insane! We planned a party for him and invited a bunch of people and sorted out some really fun things. But on the Friday beforehand, Lee was off because he gets a free day off for his birthday (the perks of working for an American company!). So we had a busy day getting stuff ready.

First off all I went to get my nails done, like I did for my cousin's wedding in June. I went to Quirky Sparkle in Barugh Green. Angela is really lovely - she has a nice little salon in the back of her garage and she's chatty and friendly and I like her a lot. Lee dropped me off and then he went into town to get some stuff. I get gel polish on my natural nails and I decided to go for confetti dots on four of my nails. I love the effect!

I was done just over an hour later so Lee came back for me and then we headed to Cortonwood which is south of Barnsley. We had ordered a cake for the party and two platters of sandwiches for Sunday lunchtime, so we went to pick them up. First of all we had some lunch in the Marks & Spencer cafe which was nice. We then headed to my mum's with a bunch of party supplies. My stepcousin Nirosha was there, she had been staying with my mum all week, and my mum's sister and her husband, my aunt and uncle, were there too after they'd arrived on the Thursday night. We did loads of stuff to set up for the party, which was being held at my mum's house, at Lee's request. Nirosha and I put together these pom pom balls that I had bought from Morrisons. It was a productive afternoon!

We had takeaway pizza for tea and then sat chatting in the evening. I had been so anxious in the build up to the party but once I had left the house to get my nails done I calmed down - it was like when you go on holiday and you can't stress because it'll either all happen or it won't! So I was happy to just chat to family in the evening and enjoy myself!


My nails did match my spotty dress, yes! I love the colours


Mushroom and cheese toastie and chips and a cappucino for lunch in M&S


These were all the pom poms Niri and I put together, ready for Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment