Friday, October 21, 2022

Lee's Birthday Weekend Day 3

The Sunday of Lee's birthday weekend was his actual fortieth birthday! It was also his dad's 61st birthday! (We celebrated his 60th last year with family in Durham). Lee and I got to my mum's quite early, and his dad and stepmum arrived not long after us. We had also been to Sainsburys to pick up two platters of sandwiches and an American snack platter thing. Hilariously, neither had come in, so we were given ten sandwiches to cut up ourselves and a bunch of snacks. It was fine, but also kind of funny. 

Lee's mam and stepdad and co arrived, and my mum's cousin and my second cousin and co. My first cousins had gone home on Saturday which was a shame, but I'm glad they made it at all. I think there was about 20 of us for lunch, but I can't be sure. Maybe more! My mum and I got lunch ready with help from plenty of others, there was sandwiches and vegan sausage rolls and pasties, plus crisps and all the snacks. It didn't look like loads but I think everyone had enough to eat. Then of course more cake, because there was a lot of cake! We sang happy birthday to Lee again which he was not happy with! He doesn't love birthdays but in my family they've always been a big deal so my mum and I always make a big fuss. 

He got some lovely presents, including a rare record from my mum, a soundbar from his mam, and a lovely watch from his dad. We actually saw it in Market Harborough while we were camping, and Lee's dad had mentioned buying him a watch so we got it then. I had been looking for something a bit unusual and this definitely fitted the bill! He got a ton of vouchers including restaurants vouchers which is great because I get to share in those too! Plus he got a LOT of chocolate (he loves chocolate and doesn't drink). I bought him an evening in a spa near Blackpool and three nights away in a cottage nearby in October, which we're both looking forward to. 

After lunch we got everything packed away and then people started leaving. It had been so lovely though! Lee and I left around 4pm I think. I then crashed entirely, and needed to get into bed for a nap! I didn't get up til nearly 6pm. We ordered some food for tea as we were both so tired. In the evening Lee watched a stream with some friends so he was happy. 

I was wearing my mustard Simply Be dress that is one of my current favourites, it's so easy and comfortable to wear and I love the oversized look. Underneath I had new Better Tights shorts in black, which were comfortable. 


Lee's watch. It's weird to tell the time on isn't it?! The curved hand points to the hour running vertically, and the minute hand is like a normal minute hand. So here it was ten past one


Mustard dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment