Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Dinner Out and What I Wore August 26th

For my birthday back in January my friend Sam bought me vouchers for V or V in Sheffield. It's all Vegetarian, Organic, or Vegan. I hadn't even heard of it but she had obviously done her research and thought it was somewhere I would like. It was a fancy menu, so I was looking forward to going. I invited my friend Sarah to go with me, so we booked to go on the Friday night of the Bank Holiday weekend. We arrived just before 7pm and were seated. There was a wedding party in with a bride in a very sparkly silver dress, but even though it's not a huge place we still had room to chat and so on. The waiter explained to us that it's like tapas and they would recommend four or five dishes between us, so we chatted about what we'd like. I don't remember all the fancy stuff, but we had:

- rose harissa and preserved lemon olives
- courgette flowers which were stuffed with a cream cheese type thing
- zatar flatbreads with dips
- barbecued bak choi with a satay sauce
- kohlrabi and potatoes with a Sri Lankan curry sauce
- tikka mushrooms

I had a raspberry lemonade and then for dessert I had a salted caramel affogato. I loved the flatbreads - they were a bit like roti and delicious, but my favourite was the bak choi, it was delicious! I wil lalso say that the tikka mushrooms were REALLY like chicken tikka, and were delicious. I didn't think that the kohlrabi and potatoes were as good as they could have been. There was more than enough food between us, it was all nice. We were both full! 

We were told at 8.25 that we only had the table for another five minutes, which was a bit of a shame but when we were on our way out there was a queue of people waiting to come in, so it must be really popular! 

I was wearing a top that I've had for a while, from Simply Be. I love the glittteryness of the colour blocking. I pulled out my Sprinkle of Glitter skirt to wear with it which is lovely and which I don't wear enough! I put on some glittery make up and this lovely burgundy lip crean, which went on a bit oddly but it lasted well and looked nice. I also found these glittery brown ish shoes, also from Simply Be, which are really nice! I liked my outfit and so did Sarah. It was a good night! 


Make up face ready to go out


My outfit outside in our yard. 


Courgette flowers


Zatar flatbreads


Barbecued bak choi 


Kohlrabi and potatoes 


Tikka mushrooms


Lovely raspberry lemonade, it wasn't too sweet


And finally, salted caramel affogato!


No comments:

Post a Comment