Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Lee's Birthday Weekend Day 2 - The Party

Saturday was party day! Lee's birthday was actually the Sunday but we had the party on the Saturday because that was obviously easier. I was awake a bit early with anxiety/excitement, but I had a shower and got dressed and then we headed to my mum's house. My aunt, uncle, and stepcousin were all staying there, and they had already put up the two gazebos that my uncle had brought. Nirosha and I put up the pom poms we had put together the day before. I put on my make up and then people started to arrive! We started the music outside - it was all songs from 1982. The bouncy castle people arrived and put that up, and Frank from my work arrived with the food. Then the drinks cart turned up! They were called Wilde's Tipples and Treats and I would utterly recommend them. I paid for everyone to have a welcome drink and they were really good at ensuring everyone got one. They had done a raspberry mocktail for us but they were really good at doing other drinks too. I had a few drinks from them!

At 3pm a local ice cream van came round - you can request and they'll turn up. A lot of people had one so I reckon they did okay moneywise. They had vegan ice creams for our vegan friends, which was good. I had a sherbet twin which was lovely. I did go on the bouncy castle but was quite terrified. So many people came! We took a photo of everyone on the bouncy castle, including my 96 year old grandma! She was sitting on the front. At 5.30 ish food was ready. I had ordered chicken curry, vegan chilli, and rice, from Frank. He had provided comprehensive instructions on how to reheat, which my uncle and cousin had done, which was great as I didn't have to worry about it! The vegan chilli was delicious - full of beans and vegetables!

The party continused into the evening. Fortunately it was nice and warm and it didn't rain, so we could all sit outside until late. My cousins came up, my grandma came in the afternoon, and some of my extended family came, so it was lovely to see them. Lee's parents and stepparents all came, plus two of his brothers, and his friends Paul, Lianne, Brian, Leesa, and Leah. Our friends Leanne and Adi came with their little girl April, who was happily running around. The lads were being very silly on the bouncy castle trying to prove who was toughest.

I was wearing this Bardot shoulder dress which I bought in lockdown in 2020 so have only worn a few times. I love the plant print, and the dropped shoulders and the shirring, and the high/low hem too! It's such a lovely dress. 

Lee got three cakes - one we got from M&S and which all went on the Saturday, one which his mam made and brought down, and one - a Fall Out one with Vault Boy on the top - which was made by the daughter of a family friend and which was a total surprise to him. It's delicious, we're still eating it! 

Here's tons of photos: 




My mum ordered these balloons off a local Facebook group, which I didn't know about either. They're nice!


Pom poms up on the gazebo


Nirosha and Lee testing the bouncy castle when it arrived. It was quite windy so we had to keep testing the wind speed to make sure it wasn't too windy for the castle! It was fine though


With make up on


This is the cake Lee's mam brought


This is the M&S Cookies and Cream cake. I bought the 'hooray' from Flying Tiger in Meadowhall the week before the party. I also bought water balloons but we forgot to use them! Oh well


My outfit - I do love this dress and I got a lot of compliments on it. I was wearing Better Tights shorts underneath


The drinks cart! It was so cute!


And the drinks available


Proof I was on the bouncy castle


Lee and I on the bouncy castle - yes I obviously meant to match my lipstick to his hair


My cousin Peter, my cousin Rob's wife Beth, and me, on the bouncy castle. I love this photo!


Elderflower fizz - I think these were my favourites from the bar cart


Taking a picture of the cocktail makers inside


Ice cream!


Lee's brother and friend playing wrestling. They are all over thirty years old


Peter, Jon, my grandma, and Chrissy. Chris is one of my mum's oldest friends and it was lovely to see her and Jon


Leesa, Leah, and Brian. Brian is in Lee's band. They couldn't stay very long but we made sure to send them home with chilli and vegan cake (there was a vegan cake that Lianne brought but I don't think I got a photo of it!)


My mum, Donna and Ben - Ben is my second cousin. He came with two of his daughters, so it was lovely to meet them


Leanne and I before she and Adi had to go 


The amazing Vault Boy cake


Nirosha being thrown on the bouncy castle by Andrew, Lee's brother


April and me - she used to hate me so this is definitely progress!


Paul was king of the bouncy castle, I dunno, I didn't get involved


Pina colada cocktail


And lastly here's Paul wearing my mum's hoodie later at night when he was getting colder

No comments:

Post a Comment