Sunday, December 11, 2022

Day Trip to Manchester

On the Sunday after Lincoln Zine Fest, Sam and Jac and I went across to Manchester. Sam bought me some vouchers for Afflecks Palace for Christmas last year and I hadn't yet had chance to use them, and they ran out on 1st November! So we decided to head across. 

It was throwing it down when we set off over Woodead Pass, so I took it slowly, but we managed to get there fine and park near Afflecks. We had booked a table at The Crafty Pig for food, so we headed there even though we were a bit early. Cocktails were on two for one so we went for two each. I had tapas - halloumi skewers, vegetable gyoza, and jackfruit tacos. They were all really nice. 

We walked across to Afflecks and went in. I didn't realise there was Grin in there - I used to buy all my clothes from Grin in Leeds when I was fifteen, I loved it. I decided to buy a "We are the weirdos mister" t shirt from The Craft. We went upstairs but discovered that the top two floors weren't open, which meant we couldn't go in the bookshop, which was a shame because I probably would've bought some books with my vouchers. We took photos in the photobooth though which was fun. We were trying to fit us all in the booth, it was hilarious! 

We had pretty much done with Afflecks but Sam and Jac had booked a train for 3.30pm so we went into a coffee shop and sat there for an hour just chatting. It was nice! But I still would have liked to have seen more of Afflecks. I spent the rest of my vouchers on a necklace and a black cat sticker.

I was wearing my new What Would Dolly Do t shirt, I saw an advert for it on instagram and went to buy it! I'm finding t shirts really comfy and easy to wear at the moment, so have been wearing them lots. I pulled out this Joe Browns skirt that I wore on holiday, because it's the same colour as the top. It's really more of a summer skirt but I pulled on slate Snag tights to wear underneath and it was fine. I also officially put my trainers away and put my Dr Marten shoes on again for the winter. They're much better when it's raining!


Because I was asleep in the back bedroom, Poppy was very excited to find me there on Sunday morning! The cats are shut out of our bedroom at night so usually they have to wait, but instead I was woken up by Poppy sitting on me


I just love this t shirt, it's so much fun


Cocktails!


Me and Jac


Sam, who did not overly want her photo taken


Jackfruit tacos


Halloumi skewers


Vegetable gyoza


This was on the table in the coffee shop we went into - it's a Libertines lyric so Sam and I liked it a lot!


Frothy coffee!


Slate tights and Dr Marten shoes


My outfit


Jac took this of all of us in the cafe


And here's our photobooth photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment