Saturday, December 17, 2022

Lunch Out and What I Wore November 4th

I went out for lunch with my friend Philippa on November 4th. We try to meet up every few weeks and tend to take it in turns to suggest where to meet. Philippa had recently been to South Street Kitchen and thought I would like it so suggested there. It is middle Eastern inspired food which I love so I was happy to go.

The kitchen is located in the iconic Park Hill flats, some of which have been redone. I parked but then took about fifteen minutes to find Philippa, and that's only because she came out to wave at me! Oh well, I found her eventually which is the main thing. I ordered a chai latte which I also love, and it was so delicious. 

The menu was so good that I almost didn't know what to have, but I went for the South Street mezze platter and some crispy spiced Lebanese potato. They were both SO good, I could eat them again right now. I didn't eat all the potatoes so I brought them home and Lee ate them for tea later that day. I then had a pistachio brownie and a cold drink - but I don't think my piece had that many pistachios in it. It was lovely! 

We said goodbye just before 4pm and I drove home. I was wearing my rainbow dress from Carolina Dress Room which you know I love as it's just so colourful! 


Some of the iconic Park Hill flats - I'm really glad they are being kept up


This did say Park Hill but I couldn't get it all in


Chai latte


Mezze platter - those beetroot and sweetcorn fritters at the back were so good - I don't like beetroot very much but these were so nice


Lebanese spiced potatoes


Brownie


And finally me!

No comments:

Post a Comment