Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Films of the Month - October

I watched sixteen films in October which was a good amount. Here's what I saw:




As Lee and I had watched Back to the Future III we then went backwards and watched the second one. They are some of my favourite films ever


I don't think I've ever seen Sleeping Beauty, but I've a notion to watch some of the Disney classics so I started with this. I liked it


I enjoyed this documentary about the death of Brian Jones, who was in the Rolling Stones. I didn't know too much about his life so it was interesting to learn more


Lee and I watched Doctor Sleep while we were in Blackpool. I liked it, it's a decent enough sequel to The Shining, although I felt it was overly long


Lee and I also watched Airplane, which is so ludicrous but also funny


We also watched Life of Brian which I love, it's so quotable


Lastly while we were away we watched The Last Jedi, which I don't think I've seen since we saw it in the cinema. I do like it, but it is too long, and I still don't like all the fighting between Rey and Kylo Ren


I watched Elvis to see what all the hype was about and thought it was crap, although the guy playing Elvis was doing his very best


The Girl With a Bracelet was on the BBC so I took a chance on it. I liked it - it's a French film about a girl accused of murdering her friend. I don't usually like films with subtitles but I'm glad I gave this a chance because I liked it. Maybe it helps that I speak some French - it's less annoying to me that way definitely!


Lee and I watched the newest Scream film - I guess Scream 5 technically - as we hadn't seen it yet and it was ramping up to Halloween. I liked it - it's way better than the fourth one. I was sad with some of the deaths!


I think Netflix recommended I Used to Be Famous to me and I'm glad I gave it a go. It's about a musician who used to be in a boyband, and he hooks up with a young drummer, who is autistic. The lad's mum doesn't want him to be playing with the ex-boybander. I liked it, very cute


Lee and I watched The Craft which has been one of my favourite films since I was like fourteen, haha. I think Lee has only seen it once or twice before though



I love 27 Dresses and Kathering Heigl. It's such a fun and funny film, it's a real comfort film for me


I watched Paddington because it's cute and adorable


Lee and I watched The Addams Family, it's so good isn't it. I think we'll watch the new Netflix series too


Finally I watched Do Revenge on Netflix and really liked it. It's really tongue in cheek and has a bunch of references to older teen films like Clueless and Ten Things I Hate About You. Maya Hawke is really good. Watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment