Thursday, December 8, 2022

Lincoln Zine Fest 2022

Satirday the 22nd of October was Lincoln Zine Fest! Obviously it's been cancelled for the last couple of years and while I know other zine events have happened this year, I haven't been to any of them until this. I like to support it as it's run by my friend Lou, and this year she had managed to secure some funding for the fest and it was held at The Collection which was a really nice venue. 

Lee couldn't make the fest because he was playing a gig in Derby in the evening, so I made plans to meet Sam and Jacqui in Lincoln, then come back to mine afterwards as we had plans to go to Manchester the following day. I set off bright at early to Lincoln and arrived about 10am. Lou's partner helped me load my stuff into the venue and I chose a table near Lou. I'm not used to setting up the table all by myself but I managed it and I think it looked fine. 

The fest opened at 11 and I quickly made some sales which was good especially for my first fest back! I went down to the cafe and got a latte and a vegan biscoff cookie as I hadn't had anything to eat. Sam and Jac arrived about 12 and had a look round the fest and the museum, then went out to look at some of the shops in Lincoln. They came back about 2pm with lunch for all of us, which is really helpful when I was by myself and the cafe didn't sell actual food. 

The fest finished at 4pm - I had sold quite a lot of zines so I was happy about that. We packed up quickly and left Lincoln. My satnav took me a funny way through Bawtry and Doncaster, but it was fine, just a bit longer. We then went to my mum's house because my cousin Peter and his wife Beth were visiting and he asked to see me but didn't think he could. But I wanted to see him too so we popped in to my mum's house for a bit. It was lovely to see him briefly!

We came back to my house, stopping for snacks and Chinese takeaway on the way. We were soon in pyjamas watching Four in a Bed cos we always watch rubbish like that when we're together. We went to bed quite early as we had all been up early. Sam and Jac shared my bed because Lee wasn't getting back until late and it also meant I could keep the cats away from them as Jac's allergic. I slept in the back bed and Lee slept downstairs on the sofa when he finally got home! 


Lee took this of Poppy looking out of the back window when he was putting things in the car. Too cute!


Me all ready to go


My stall all set up!


Biscoff cookie


I took my cross stitch to do while I was sitting behind my stall


This was just before the end of the fest I think


And finally Chinese takeaway in my living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment