Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Lunch out with Lee

On the 12th of November Lee and I headed to Sheffield for lunch. My friend Sarah bought Lee a voucher for The Botanist for his birthday, so we thought we would go through and use it. We got the tram which was fun, and then walked down to The Botanist and up in the lift to the restaurant.

We were a bit early but the table was ready. We ordered drinks and then food, and if I'm honest, the service was a little bit too fast. We wanted to sit and chat and the starter came so soon, and the second we had finished the waitress took the plates, and then the main arrived within about six minutes after that! It was a bit loopy. We could have been in and out in about forty-five minutes, but we decided to have another drink after the main course so we could chat for a bit. I did enjoy the food but I did feel like we were being rushed - and we definitely had the table until 2.15pm as that's what it said on my reservation. I don't like that! We wanted to chat to each other. 

After we left The Botanist we went into a couple of shops and got some dessert from M&S, before getting the tram to Bettie and Jen's. We haven't seen them in forever so we hung out for a bit and ate profiteroles. It was nice and chilled! We got back home about 5.30 and just chilled for the rest of the day, which was nice. 

I wore the same dress I'd worn just the week before, a Scarlett & Jo one that I got off Vinted. It's really comfy but a bit fancy, I really like it. I also wore my constellation Snag Tights which are so cute, and a new pair of boots. I had been to The Mill in Batley the day before with my mum, as we both wanted a new pair of shoes and we know that Pavers there has stuff that is good quality but also cheap enough. I love the boots because they're shiny and they have the brogue pattern on the front. They're really warm and comfy, even when I walked quite a bit through Sheffield! I can see I'll be wearing these a lot this winter. 


Inside The Botanist - very cute


Me and the Black Forest martini I had to start with


Deep fried onion petals and creme fraiche dip - when I was in The Botanist in Leeds at my birthday I wish I'd had this, so this time I did!


I had a crispy halloumi hanging kebab which was nice. Lee had the chicken one


My second cocktail was a peach and honey blossom one, it was so lovely!


My dress! 


And my tight and shoe combo

No comments:

Post a Comment