Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Afternoon Tea with Lolly in Sheffield

One of the things on my 40 Before 40 list was to go for afternoon tea somewhere. I had mentioned this to Lolly absolutely forever ago and she had agreed to go with me, so I had done some research about where was good in Sheffield and Brown's was coming up as highly recommended. We booked it, but then had to cancel because Lolly had Covid! But we booked it again for the 29th of November and we made it! I drove to Sheffield and parked in the Q Park which I could see was close, and then I walked through to Brown's. It was really close and I would definitely park there again if I was heading towards that side of town. 

The Christmas market was all set up and it looked absolutely beautiful so I was really excited as I was visiting it the following week with my mum. I headed into Brown's where I got a warm welcome and was seated in the downstairs bit. The restaurant is lovely inside but as we were by the big window and it was cold outside, it was also pretty cold inside. That's basically my only complaint though!

Lolly arrived and we ordered decaf coffee each - the hot drinks are included and seemed to be unlimited, which I appreciate in an afternoon tea. We had booked afternoon tea and I had made a note that one was vegetarian, and the staff already knew that, which was good. The tea tray arrived soon afterwards and it looked absolutely stunning. Really fancy! 

We had three sandwiches and two mini brioche things each. Mine were brie and cranberry, cream cheese and cucumber, and egg mayo. They were lovely! Then there were two mini scones, with a ton of clotted cream, and blackberry jam, and strawberry jam. We tried our best but couldn't eat all of that between us! 

Then the cakes were a mini caramel eclair, a slice of Victoria sponge, a passionfruit cake, and a mince pie. There was such a lot but they were all amazing! We sat chatting for ages before saying goodbye about 5.30pm. I headed home and made it home just before Lee needed to go out for band practice which was good as it meant he could taken an outfit photo of me! I was wearing this Joe Brown's dress that always feels very festive. My mum took it in for me a bit because it was too big and it's not really stretchy, but it does still feel a bit big. I may try a belt and see if that helps.

I was wearing my half white half black tights from Snag, and my red pair of dolly shoes that are from Vinted but are from Topshop originally. I liked the look!


Sheffield looking absolutely stunning on a very cold day 


Gorgeous cappucino, I then had a latte too


Our afternoon tea on this gorgeous stand


Here's Lolly and me!


The "cheese grater" car park


I do love the pattern and colour of this dress - it's like plants up close, with red on


And my tights and shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment