Friday, January 12, 2024

Craft Workshop in Wakefield and What I Wore November 25th

On the 25th of November I went to a craft workshop in Ossett near Wakefield by myself! It's at A Touch of Craft, which I've been to plenty of times now and which I really like and recommend if you're in the area. I had booked myself on to a workshop to make a wax melt advent calendar because I'm an absolute fiend for wax melts and I fancied the idea of making them myself!

The workshop was run by Lianne from Tiny Head Candles and she was really nice and it was a great workshop so I would definitely go to another by her in future! There were six of us all together which was a nice number. Three girls were together, they knew each other, and so did the other two. But I got chatting to people anyway so it was fine. We had a burner each to melt the wax, and there were tons of scents, colours, and glitters to choose from. 

I decided to go for wood sage and sea salt to begin with, and dyed them orange. Then I did tobacco and oak scent and added lots of red. One of the ladies recommended the scent "Christmas Tree" as she's done workshops with Lianne before, so I made tons of those in a green colour. Then I went for plum, clementine and rhubarb I think, and made them lavender. Lastly I made the aqua ones, which are scented with "Christmas Spice". In all I made 61 melts, which was well enough for the 25 needed for my advent calendar and I will be able to give some away as presents for Christmas too! By the end of the workshop I was absolutely covered in glitter and wax but really happy with what I had done!

I stopped at Marks and Spencer's on the way home to get lunch and tea for Lee and I so he didn't have to go out later. I just chilled out for the rest of the day. I was wearing a pair of lilac Snag tights that I've had for ages but haven't worn so far, and I had had the idea for them really early in the morning when I woke up, because I wanted to wear this new cardigan that I got from Simply Be. Lolly showed it to me and I just loved it, and it was an absolute bargain, so I got it. I got two others too, which I'm sure I'll wear and post about soon. I love the purple and green checked design of this cardigan, and the knit is really lovely and soft and almost cottony, too. (I don't like the texture of most wool, it makes me feel sick). I knew the tights would match the cardigan, and I thought that my galaxy dress from Topsy Curvy would look really good alongside them both. The cardigan is also really nice and warm which is good because the temperature really dropped! 


Lilac Snag tights and my Dr Marten boots - I really like how these tights brightened up a winter day!


The workshop just before we got started - I shared the burner with someone else and it was fine


My first melts all done and setting!


Here's everything I made! So many! So much glitter! I can't wait to burn some of these


Finally here's my outfit in total and that cardigan! Isn't it cute? I'm happy to be in a cardigan phase of life haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment