Sunday, January 28, 2024

Birthday Lunch in Wakefield

My stepdad's birthday is the 12th of December but my mum had invited us out for lunch to celebrate on the Sunday before that, as they had plans for his birthday itself. They both like going to La Fortezza, an Italian restaurant near my mum's house in Wakefield, and we had never been, so they invited us there. We decided to go out earlier in the morning to go and get the end of the Christmas presents from Asda and the Range, so we set off not long after I had had a shower. We managed to get loads of stuff which made me feel a lot better. We got to Newmillerdam at about 1pm which was a bit early, so we wandered down the side of the dam for a bit. I grew up near there so never really want to go, but it was nice. The water was absolutely filthy, though. 

We went and sat down and waited for my mum and Norman. I ordered a Godfather cocktail which was absolutely gorgeous! Then we ordered a nice bottle of red when they arrived for me and my stepdad to share, although my mum had a little bit too. I had Caprese salad, which is one of my faves, and then a mushroom pizza and some courgette fries. Lee had breads to start with and then chicken in a white wine and mushroom sauce which he really enjoyed too. The food was gorgeous and I would really recommend it if you're in the area! 

We were too full for pudding but my mum invited us back to their house for a little bit. We sat and had some of the cake she had made as a birthday cake which was red velvet with cream cheese frosting and it was absolutely gorgeous. We didn't stay too late but it was still a really nice afternoon. My stepdad and I had a Baby Guinness each - I bought us some when we were out at Easter and he really liked it so he's been making them ever since! 

I was wearing this ancient Scarlett and Jo dress which I've had for about ten years at least. I don't wear it often and I think maybe the top, stretchy lace bit has seen better days, so I may end up chopping it into a skirt like I have done with so many Scarlett and Jo dresses previously. But I like the black lace! So maybe I could replace it? I don't know, I might ask my mum to help me. 


I actually put some make up on. I really like this Maybelline lipstick/lip gloss, but it really doesn't stay on the lips very well. It does look nice for about ten minutes though!


The actual dam at Newmillerdam. It's a nice area for a walk and an ice cream if you've never been


My Godfather cocktail - I will have to try to make this at home!


And the bottle of red wine we shared


Caprese salad, it was so good


Mushroom pizza and courgette fries. My stepdad had the end of my pizza to take home because he didn't eat all of his so it made sense for him to have it all


My mum's cat Millie; I gave her some treats. Since Ruben died in February she is a very spoilt little girl!


Baby Guinnesses, on my mum's Ronnie O'Sullivan coaster that I bought her at the snooker in April


And finally here I am in this gorgeous red dress

No comments:

Post a Comment