Thursday, January 18, 2024

Wreath Making in Penistone

On the 30th of November I went to a wreath making workshop in Penistone with two people from book club. One of them had mentioned it and I fancied making a wreath for our door, so I signed up! It was from 7pm so I drove to Penistone and parked and then went in. It was held in the church and they were really organised - they led me to a table with two other people on it so I could wait for Ceri and Jane. In all I bet there were at least 70 people there! Our ticket price got us a drink and a mince pie each, which was a nice way to start off. Then the church curate gave a bit of a demonstration, and then we got to work!

There were big bags of moss on each table and first of all we had to attach big bunches of moss to the wreath blank, with wire. People kept coming round to help us, and it was nice to talk to Ceri and Jane. Then we had to make like bunches with greenery like conifers, eucalyptus leaves, holly, ivy, and so on, held together at the bottom with wire. These were attached to the moss with more wire. The idea was to make enough to cover the whole wreath, but it took longer than we expected so I decided to just do about three quarters of the wreath and then leave a gap for some other decorations. I went for a candy cane, some baubles, and some dried fruit slices. It may look a bit over the top but I really don't care because I like it!

There was a lovely little area to take photos so I posed for one by myself and with Ceri and Jane too. It was about 9.30 by this time so Ceri and I walked back to our cars together to go home. It was a really nice workshop, it felt really lovely to be doing it! We still have two hooks on our door from a couple of years ago when I bought a wreath, so Lee and I put it up straight away. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


Mulled wine! So delicious


In the middle of working on our wreaths


Me with mine at the end - I was wearing this star print top that I think came from Simply Be originally. It's not specifically Christmassy but I think it's festive


Mine when I was finished. I'm not certain that all the bits will actually last all the way until Christmas but it did look good!


And here it is in place on the door

No comments:

Post a Comment