Sunday, January 14, 2024

Lunch out with Lee

On the 26th of November I booked a table for Lee and I at Prashad near Leeds. It's a totally vegetarian Indian restaurant and I love it; I've been a few times over the years but not for about two years. I put going on my 40 before 40 list and wanted to go with Lee as he's only been once before and it was years ago. So I booked us a table and we decided to go Christmas shopping first. We went to Junction 27 to the shopping park there. First of all we went into the Range because I needed some little bits for a few people, and then we went in TK Maxx because there was something specific I wanted from there for my book club. By this time it was about 12 o'clock and the table wasn't booked until 1pm, so we went into Caffe Nero for a drink. I rarely go in there so am not used to their coffees. Lee had a luxury hot chocolate which was like cocoa, and delicious, and I had the luxury caramelatte which was also really nice.

It was nice to just sit for a bit! We were only a few minutes away from Prashad so we made it in good time. We were about the only people in there when we arrived but I wasn't sure so I'm glad I booked a table anyway. We had poppadums and a pickle tray to begin with, which were all nice. Prashad is a little bit more expensive than a lot of Indian restaurants, but it is worth it, and the experience is worth it too. But that's why I put it on my list because I know it's a little bit of a splurge! 

But because it is a little bit expensive we decided to not have a starter each but share one instead. We had sakham tikki which was mashed and spiced potato and mushroom and deep fried, served with a green chutney. They were so good and I'm glad I tried them! For my main I had paneer biryani. I've had the biryani before but didn't like it too much, but I'm so glad I gave it another go because it was absolutely delicious! I really enjoyed it. Lee had the naan bhaji which is a thick vegetable curry with garlic naan, and it was also really good! We both really enjoyed our food and I'm really glad we made this happen this side of Christmas. It was also really nice to spend time with Lee. 

I didn't get a full photo of my dress but it's my red leopard print dress from Very and it's really comfortable to wear. I kept my black cardigan on because it wasn't too warm in Prashad and it was freezing outside!


Lee and I at the table


I also had a lovely glass of red


Our starter - I'm really glad I tasted this and would have it again


Lee had fresh orange juice


Lee's naan bhaji. He had some masala fries too


My biryani and the curry alongside

No comments:

Post a Comment