Sunday, January 7, 2024

Eddie Izzard in Sheffield with my Mum

On the 22nd of November my mum and I went to Sheffield to see Eddie Izzard at City Hall. I had asked my mum ages ago and bought the tickets, and then I gave my mum some of Eddie's stand up so she could revise before we saw her. I've seen Eddie before, about ten years ago in Manchester, with my friend Von and her brother. I was excited to see her again!

My mum came to mine at about 4pm and I drove us to Sheffield and we parked at Middlewood tram stop and got the tram to City Hall. We walked down to Orchard Square because I need to get a Christmas present for a friend, so we went into TK Maxx. Then we went into Leopold Square for tea at Pho, which my mum does like, but it was more my choice really. But! We're going to Sheffield Christmas shopping in a couple of weeks so my mum can choose where we eat then. 

I had tofu curry and my mum had chicken curry. We still had plenty of time so we decided to have dessert too; I had affagato and my mum had the rich chocolate slice. It was all nice! Then we walked round to City Hall where I took a photo of the Women of Steel statue. I've seen loads of photos of it but had never seen it in person so that was cool! We went into the theatre and were seated by around 7pm but it gave us chance to relax for a bit before the show started at 8.

Eddie (also known as Suzy, but professionally she's Eddie I think) was so funny. The routine harked back to a lot of her earlier stuff, which was really good as I've been a fan for about 25 years now. I laughed throughout the whole thing and I'm really glad we went! Afterwards my mum and I got the tram back to the car and then home. It was a good evening out!


Tofu curry as usual in Pho


And then the affagato - the ice cream is condense milk ice cream and it's SO sweet!


The Women of Steel statue that stands to the left of City Hall 


And the poster for Eddie that was inside. My friend Pippa saw her the next night so we had a nice discussion about that the day after when we met for lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment