Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Lunch in Sheffield with Pippa

On the 24th of November I went to Sheffield to meet Pippa for lunch. We weren't sure where to meet until earlier in the week when I suggested Chakra Lounge which does Indian street food. I've never eaten inside it, but when things were just starting to open up again after lockdown Lee and I went to Fred Aldous which is next door and then got takeaway from Chakra Lounge which we then ate in Hillsborough Park. I've been wanting to go back to the restaurant itself so I was glad when Pippa agreed! 

I got the train from my village just before 11am, and then got off in Sheffield at about 11.30. I walked into the foyer because I thought I could buy a tram ticket there. Turns out I couldn't - I could just buy a ticket on the tram, so I had no reason to go into the main concourse. BUT that meant that I saw the brownie stand that is there now, so I bought three brownies for Lee and I to share over the weekend. They were absolutely gorgeous and I would really recommend them if you're in Sheffield! 

I walked back across to the tram and got the tram just one stop to the square that the cafe is on. It is uphill though so I probably couldn't have walked it. It was graduation day from Sheffield Hallam University so the city centre was busy, but there was a table free in Chakra Lounge so I snagged it quickly. Pippa arrived not too long after me and then we ordered food!

She went for a brunch called If Indians Did It" ("It" being breakfast) which looked absolutely immense and which I would definitely eat another time. I went for the chaat, because I absolutely love chaat, and a parantha wrap which was chillied scrambled eggs on a wrap; it was also extremely delicious! I also had a chai latte because I love them, too. 

We sat chatting and ordered dessert and another drink each. I had a chocolate orange brownie and I think Pippa's was chai fudge and also looked great! It is a very cute and vibrant little cafe and I would definitely recommend it to vegetarians and vegans! 

I got the tram back to the station and then the train back home where Lee picked me up! I was absolutely exhausted so I had a little nap until past 6pm!


My chai latte


Pippa's brunch - doesn't it look fab? I will have to try this


I love chaat because of the many textures and flavours


And the eggs on a paratha were so good too - I'm going to have to try this at home!


And finally my brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment