Thursday, December 2, 2021

Trip to Oswaldtwistle - Day 4

The Tuesday of our trip away was a relaxing day, just in the house. I didn't get up super early, and when I did I made scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast which was lovely. We had some lunch all together and then afterwards I taught everyone how to make a single page zine. Jacqui and I are writing a zine about fandoms together so she needed to be taught how to make pages, too. Making a single page zine ends up with a tiny booklet though, and it's really satisfying when it's finished! I made mine about holidays. 

For tea, Sam made three amazing curries - it had taken her most of the morning to cook them. She made a mild chicken korma, a hotter chicken curry, and a vegetable curry mostly all for meeee. It was cauliflower, sweet potato, and chickpea. She had brought her mum's spice mix and it was SO GOOD, so delicious. Other people had some too but there was still enough for me to bring enough home to eat for TWO MEALS. I was spoilt, it was so good. With that we had rice and poppadums.

After tea we had a slumber party! Which mostly meant we could all sit around in our pyjamas. But I had also taken my Body Shop stuff and led us all through a mini facial and a demonstration of some other products. Some of the best are the camomile butter which can remove Sharpie from your skin but is mostly best at removing make up, and one of our peels which take off the top layer of dead skin in a really gross fashion but they leave you feeling much cleaner! This took longer than I thought but everyone had fun I think.

After that we played Trivial Pursuit, which was from 1983 so had answers like 'Nikita Kruschev' and so on. It was so funny, but took forever - it was midnight by the time we finished. Then I went to sleep upstairs - all day there had been a weird phone line ringing next to my room. I spoke to the owner about it and he said he would come and mend it on Wednesday, which was fine, but I knew it would terrify me if it went off in the night so I slept in the spare room upstairs well away from the bell! And indeed it did ring at 6.50 the next morning. I actually slept so much better in that room - it was small and cosy and I could lie next to the wall! I'm not good with the dark. 



We went in the hot tub again, determined to make the most of it!


Zine making workshop - I took tons of paper and stickers and stuff for everyone to use


My zine when it was finished!


Curry! 


Oh gosh I can smell it just now. Sam had never made a veggie curry before so was worried but it was SO GOOD


All my lovely stuff set out ready to be used and shown off. We sat in the blue living room on this night, it is clearly the Christmas living room in the house


Jacqui "multimasking" - Himalayan Charcoal on her t-zone and hemp nourishing overnight mask everywhere else


And finally Trivial Pursuit underway!

No comments:

Post a Comment