Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Films of the Month - August

I managed to watch twelve films in August, which was a massive improvement on July, so I'm glad about that! Here's what I saw:


I was perusing the films on iplayer and came across Carousel, which I've never seen. I know the song You'll Never Walk Alone is from it, though. I quite like it, and Lee told me it was his grandma's favourite film, which is nice 


My friends Sam and Jac and I had a day out in Leeds and saw Joyride in the Light. Sam had seen a lot else of what was on and I was happy to go with whatever. I really liked this film - it's funny and moving in equal measure, and Olivia Coleman is of course brilliant


I've seen Boy A before, but not for a decade or me. It's loosely based on the story of the killers of James Bulger, starring Andrew Garfield, who I like 


My friend Stacey recommended The Father, so I watched it on Netflix. I liked it, but it's so sad


Netflix thought I might like Love Sarah, so I gave it a go. It's a cute enough story, but pretty boring. The film did not thrill me


Lee and I watched X Men Days of Future Past together, it's my favourite X Men film, I just love it. I love Quicksilver especially, I need a whole film just of him 


It was some years since the Rocky Horror Picture Show was released, and I mentioned it to some friends, so we all watched it together. I haven't seen the film in forever - I've seen the stage show more recently - so it was nice to rewatch it, and especially with Sam, Jac, and Jodie


Girl, Interrupted turned up on Netflix so I watched it. I LOVED it when I was younger, so it was nice to see it again. Brittany Murphy is a particular highlight, I miss her!


I had been watching the final Neighbours episodes when Guy Pearce turned up and reminded me about Priscilla Queen of the Desert. I've seen it before, but not for ages. Lee and I also saw it live when we were on our cruise! It's funny, I liked it


Someone was on about How to Build a Girl on Twitter so I thought I would give it a go. I don't like Caitlin Moran but I LOVED Raised by Wolves. This was pretty terrible, though. Beanie's accent was awful. I definitely hate watched it, ha


Because I'd watched Priscilla I was reminded of Hedwig and the Angry Inch so I watched that - it's fab, really funny and full of pathos 


Lastly I watched Say My Name. I can't even remember why I wanted to, but I did. I didn't love it - it's very odd. But Marc Bonnar is in it, so that was an unexpected bonus for me

No comments:

Post a Comment