Monday, November 21, 2022

Day Trip to Holmfirth

On the 24th of September Lee and I went to Holmfirth for the day out, just for something to do. It's a lovely place and has some nice shops, as well as a vegan ice cream shop. I don't know the restaurants very well so I went on TripAdvisor and found that there's a new place called Harvey's, so I booked a table there. There's one of the same chain at Fenay Bridge which I've driven past tons of times but have never been to, and apparently they're opening one up in Huddersfield town centre soon so that'll be cool. They had quite a few vegetarian options so I was happy about that.

We parked next to the bus stops and went into a few charity shops and other shops on the same side of the bridge as the car, before we went for lunch. It was quite busy, which is nice to see. We went into Harvey's and the hostess noticed my walking stick so immediately switched us to a table downstairs instead of one upstairs. That was really good and meant a lot! We sat down and I got an elderflower and orange cocktail, I can't remember now exactly what it was, but it was nice. Lee ordered a chicken burger with katsu fries and something else in it, he liked it a lot. I had a halloumi and vegetable kebab which came with chips and flatbread and dips. It was so lovely, I really liked it! We looked at the dessert menu but I wanted vegan ice cream so we just paid and left.

We walked over the bridge, and went into the bakery on it to buy bread and pasties for the following day, which were all lush when we ate them. We went to the ice cream shop where I made the wrong choice because the coffee ice cream was not nice - it almost tasted burnt? But never mind! I saw a couple of the Kirklees model dog things, which are cute. We went in every charity shop there is and I picked up two books and a craft kit which was cool. 

We set off back about 2.45. I had an appointment at a pharmacy near our house for my Covid booster jab at about 5pm so I rang and asked if I could go early and they said yes, just show up. So we went there, I did have to wait about 20 minutes but it was fine. I am glad to have had the booster! I had a sore arm for a few days but was otherwise unaffected. I had my flu jab about ten days later - just keep jabbing me up! 

I was wearing this Scarlett and Jo skirt that used to be a dress, and a plain black top, and my Snag black footless tights. I think this was the first time I wore my hoodie this autumn too! 


From the car park in Holmfirth


And overlooking the river


Lee and I on the bridge


And in Harvey's


Cheers!


Halloumi kebab



Two of the dog thingies


The chocolate ice cream was lovely but the coffee one was not, sadly


What I bought in the charity shops


My outfit


And my tights - I love the footless one!

No comments:

Post a Comment