Saturday, November 5, 2022

Trip to France - Day 3

On the first Sunday morning of our holiday Lee, Alison, my mum and I went to the supermarket. Most supermarkets in France close at noon on Sundays so we had to get a shift on. We bought enough stuff to last a few days, including stuff for barbecues. My mum and Alison had got some veggie stuff for me, including a thing that was just breaded cheese, which was delicious! We bought a ton of stuff. I love French supermarkets, they are filled with such wonders. 

In the afternoon we sunbathed. It was hot and the pool was so refreshing. I had bought three new swimming costumes to wear on holiday, although I ended up only wearing two of them. This bright orange one was in a two pack with another that is orange with a purple pattern. I like it - it's slightly big around my bust but it stays up fine when I've got the halter strap on, although it is removable if you wanted. I got the costumes from Crazy Clearance at bargain prices which I'm pleased about.

After sunbathing I had a shower and put on this floral dress. I love it but don't wear it that often, I'm not sure why. My friend commented on the instagram photo of it saying she really liked it on me. And I agree! I'll have to try to wear it more often. The cardigan came from Peacocks absolutely forever ago. 

Lee made pan haggerty to go with tea, which everyone enjoyed. It's just potatoes, onions, butter, and cheese, but it's absolutely delicious and everyone likes it. I was really grateful to him for doing some of the cooking for everyone! 

In the evening we did quizzes in the living room. It dropped quite cold at night, a bit too cold to sit outside, but it was nice in the living room with the doors open so there was a breeze coming through. The sofas were nice and comfy too which we appreciated. 



My view from the sun lounger. I do love having a private pool on holiday, it feels like such a luxury!


In the pool in my new orange swimming costume. It was lovely, I really liked it!


There was some cloud but on this day it kept moving quickly which was good


Simply Be floral dress


And finally pan haggerty all ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment