Thursday, November 17, 2022

Two Gigs in September

After we got back from France I did nothing on Thursday but then on Friday and Saturday I saw some friends and went to two gigs. It was busy! 

On the Friday my friend Lucinda was coming up to Sheffield for a conference, so she'd asked if we could meet for lunch. Then she wondered if we could meet in Chesterfield so she could try out an electric bike at a workshop there, so I drove there and picked her up at the station and we went to the bike shop. Then we drove to Sheffield and went to Saigon 68 for lunch, which is a delicious Vietnamese cafe that I love. We shared fake chicken satay (I miss chicken satay) and salt and pepper tofu (a must from Saigon 68) and I had fake chicken red curry and egg fried rice. So good! 

I went home and relaxed for a bit before Lee and I set off towards Manchester to see the Toy Dolls. We booked these tickets three and a half years ago in 2019 but due to Covid it's been cancelled twice already. I couldn't quite believe it was actually happening! They are a fun punk band that Lee loves. Lee's brother Andrew and our friends Paul and Sam were also going. We met up outside and went in together. I know accessibility sucks at Manchester Academy so I hadn't even attempted it - I just stood at the back instead. Lee and Andrew and Paul went a bit further forward but Sam stayed with me. It was a good gig, we enjoyed it. 

On Saturday I had a relaxed day before going to Leeds with my friend Stacey to see Suede. I went to hers and she drove us to Leeds. We had tea in Nandos before going to the Brudenell Social Club. I managed to get early access so got us two seats on the top level. I have only seen Suede once before, back in 2012 in London, and it was so good. This was the new album played in full and it was really good - it finished really early which was weird but did mean I was home very early! And got to bed early!

I was wearing my Libertines t-shirt and a skirt that used to be a dress, as well as some new-to-me burgundy tights. Lolly gave them to me - I think they're from Snag but maybe a size smaller than I'm used to, or maybe it's just that they're thinner? I find them comfortable though, which is good. 



Fake chicken satay


Salt and pepper tofu, I love this so much


Fake chicken red curry


Tons of rice!


Me and Lucinda


Over the moors on the way to Manchester


Coming into Manchester


Sam and me, we struggled to get a decent photo but Sam looks fine!


Toy Dolls!


Tights and Converse combo on my way out on Saturday


Suede! Actual Suede!


They were very good


Brett Anderson! I love him!


And finally my outfit when I got home

No comments:

Post a Comment