Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Trip to France - Day 13

The second Wednesday of our holiday we very sadly had to come home! My mum and stepdad were going to spend a few days coming back up France before sailing back to Portsmouth on Sunday night, and my godparents were going home to their home in Charente, and Lee and I had to go back to Carcassonne airport to fly home to Manchester. My godparents were taking us to the airport, but they had to pop back to Carcassonne first, so we went with them in the car because it was much cooler in there with the airconditioning, and because there is literally NOTHING to do at the airport. I thought Limoges was a small airport but compared to Carcassonne it's a sprawling metropolis! 

So Alison and Derek dropped us off around noon. We had sandwiches and crisps with us that my mother had bought us the day before, because I was concerned there wouldn't be any vegetarian food in the tiny cafe. I was right - I'd have had to have pastries and nothing else! We ate that then got in the queue for security then sat in the departure lounge before finally getting on the plane. The flight was fine and we were soon back in Manchester and back in the car. We picked the cats up on the way home and by 5.30 we were all happily back in the house! The worst thing about the holiday is that I really missed my cats! 

It was such a lovely holiday, one I will remember forever. I got to tick a thing off my bucket list - seeing Carcassonne's old city - and it was so nice to spend so much time with my godparents as I haven't done that in a very long time (and Lee never has). It was more expensive than the British holidays we usually take, but I'm so glad we splashed out and did it. I am very blessed!

I mostly read on the plane as I was desperate to finish a book before we got home, which I managed to do. 


Getting on the plane


Take off


Flying over France really showed me the extent of the drought that they have had this year, a lot of the fields were very brown


Can you see?


I think this was back over England!


No comments:

Post a Comment